Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 31

Thread: any political party out there for the disabled people ?

  1. #1

    any political party out there for the disabled people ?

    I know this isn't a normal post on here but im confused !!
    is there any political party out there that is worthy of my vote ???

    I "WAS" top D.L.A rate for care and mobility, until I got re-assessed for P.I.P. then I was downgraded to bottom level for care even though things have got worse since I first claimed it .

    I have tried to follow the political partys that are up for election and just wondered if anyone has any thought on the party that is for the disabled person ?? or are going to crucify the disabled the less ????

    I know we have been had over by the conservatives and they are going to reduce benefits even more, ?8bn

    just wondererd if anyone has any pointers please so I don't waste my vote ??? or give it to the wrong person .!!

    im so confused with all the ""CHAT "" !!

  2. #2
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by maggieomx View Post
    I know this isn't a normal post on here but im confused !!
    is there any political party out there that is worthy of my vote ???

    I "WAS" top D.L.A rate for care and mobility, until I got re-assessed for P.I.P. then I was downgraded to bottom level for care even though things have got worse since I first claimed it .

    I have tried to follow the political partys that are up for election and just wondered if anyone has any thought on the party that is for the disabled person ?? or are going to crucify the disabled the less ????

    I know we have been had over by the conservatives and they are going to reduce benefits even more, ?8bn

    just wondererd if anyone has any pointers please so I don't waste my vote ??? or give it to the wrong person .!!

    im so confused with all the ""CHAT "" !!

    No matter which party you vote for, all will cut benefits. Maybe not as deep as the Conservatives will but they will be cut.

    They need to be cut as public spending is too high and the deficit needs to be closed.

  3. #3
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    8
    Well after how this Government as treated the poorly and disabled i certainly wont be voting for them they have proven many times how out of touch they are with the less fortunate? i have sent my vote to another party which i hope will at least get a minority out-come.

  4. #4
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    955
    Reading their policies online regarding welfare and the disabled, there is liitle to choose between any of them.

    We know the Tories want to make further cuts, (leaked documents say taxing DLA/PIP, stopping the CB Support group for ESA etc). According to fiscal study groups this will save approx 2bn. A drop in the ocean to saving that could be made elsewhere.

    Labour say they will reverse the bedroom tax, this would help some but not all disabled people. But they also want to make saving on sickness/disability benefits.

    UKIP have said they will scrap ATOS/MAXIMUS assessments but do not say what they will do instead. Plus they are committed to cuts as well.

    The Green party are the only ones I know that have talked about protecting the disabled and vulnerable. How this would be done and at what cost, who knows.

    There are of course many other smaller and independent parties.

    I just typed in the party name, ie; Labour, followed by disabled policies and several links came up. You can do it for each party and then read what their policies are. , (as we all know though, things can change within days after an election, so policies are not set in stone)

    It was interesting that when typing in "Tory disabled policy", it bought up pages and pages of newspaper reports about how disabled people have been mistreated and dragged down by Tory policy.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

  5. #5
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    North Lincs
    Posts
    344
    I haven't seen anything that makes me think that any of the parties give a toss about disabled people and carers. It struck me the other night while watching the Conservative party broadcast that they featured young people, families, pensioners, different creeds and colours but not one single disabled person so to me, that speaks volumes. Saying that, I haven't heard any assurances from the other parties either about how they're going to treat/crucify disabled people, apart from the SNP saying they want a much fairer system for everyone, will abolish bedroom tax and want to eradicate peoples need for food banks, but as I live in England unfortunately I can't vote for them.

  6. #6
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Staffordshire
    Posts
    955
    I did post a reply but its not showing as yet. Hopefully it will be on here soon.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

  7. #7
    New Member
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Posts
    8
    Quote Originally Posted by Caley View Post
    I haven't seen anything that makes me think that any of the parties give a toss about disabled people and carers. It struck me the other night while watching the Conservative party broadcast that they featured young people, families, pensioners, different creeds and colours but not one single disabled person so to me, that speaks volumes. Saying that, I haven't heard any assurances from the other parties either about how they're going to treat/crucify disabled people, apart from the SNP saying they want a much fairer system for everyone, will abolish bedroom tax and want to eradicate peoples need for food banks, but as I live in England unfortunately I can't vote for them.
    I think the Conservatives have been very harsh towards the poorly and disabled since they have been in power? at least with the other parties they have not mentioned any cuts on the welfair so i think they understand its importance not to cut money from the less off and Labour wants to end the Bedroom tax?

  8. #8
    Dont vote for any they all full of shit they say one thing and do another if i had my way i would strip them all of what they have and make them live the lives

  9. #9
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    177
    Quote Originally Posted by babyblu64 View Post

    We know the Tories want to make further cuts, (leaked documents say taxing DLA/PIP, stopping the CB Support group for ESA etc). According to fiscal study groups this will save approx 2bn. A drop in the ocean to saving that could be made elsewhere.
    They can not cut Contribution Based benefits. The reason is that they 'create' a link between employed people and benefits.

    Let me explain, those that are employed may have savings over ?16,000 and have a partner who works compared to someone on means tested benefits. If they were to cut CB benefits it would mean that those that have had to leave employment for whatever reason cannot get benefits.

    They would not be able to cut the SG part as that would mean they would need to cut the SG part in IR ESA. You can't have different benefits for different 'classes' of people. Those that are on CB benefits (excluding legacy IB claimants) are those that have worked hard and saved. Why should they be penalised. They have contributed into the system and deserve to take out at the time of need.

    Benefits need to be targeted using an objective test. What we have now is a large proportion of subjective, with a small proportion of objectiveness.

  10. #10
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    North Lincs
    Posts
    344
    You're right, they are full of shit and whoever gets in will probably make the lives of disabled people and carers even more difficult than it already is, so it's a case of hoping for the lesser of the evils. I'm going with a tactical vote for Labour. I don't like them and I don't trust them, but I like and trust the Tories even less and because I can't vote SNP, I'm hoping that if Labour do get in, they'll have to work with the SNP on things like welfare in the hope that poorer and disabled people get a fairer deal.

    If I hear that phrase "hard working families" one more time from Cameron, I think I'm going to throw something at the TV - does he not realise that we cannot all be the same and that many of us will never, for various genuine reasons, have a hope of being one of his cherished homeowners that he bangs on about so much. I'm sure financial lenders would fall over themselves to lend me and hubby, both 50 with long term health conditions and poor credit history, the money for a mortgage!!

Similar Threads

  1. Research on how physically disabled people and non-disabled people interact
    By PsychologyMark89 in forum Surveys, research requests and TV programmes
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 09-05-13, 19:34
  2. Disabled trainee counsellor looking to help other disabled people FOR FREE
    By inside_i'm_dancing in forum Surveys, research requests and TV programmes
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-01-13, 18:40
  3. Disabled trainee counsellor looking to help other disabled people FOR FREE
    By inside_i'm_dancing in forum Health - help & advice on health issues for disabled people
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-01-13, 18:40
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22-01-13, 18:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •