Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Motability for over 65s

I can't claim my pension until I'm 68.

When we talk about retirement/pension age and ability to claim working age benefits is it the age at which a person is eligible to claim their pension (so for me 68) or is there an earlier cut off?

Quote Originally Posted by catlover View Post
    I can't claim my pension until I'm 68.

When we talk about retirement/pension age and ability to claim working age benefits is it the age at which a person is eligible to claim their pension (so for me 68) or is there an earlier cut off?
    I feel it's unlikely that motability be available to new applicants 65 and over.
    Last edited by fwipperie; 12-23-2015 at 08:01 PM. Reason: ambiguous information

Quote Originally Posted by RaspberryRipple View Post
    Only if you are not already receiving DLA. At the moment you can continue to recieve DLA over the age of 65 if you qualified before you reached 65. If you claimed over the age of 65 then you would recieve AA so can't use the Motability scheme.

To be honest I'm not sure I'll even be alive by the time I reach 65 or anywhere near retirement age.
    I meant new claims. What will retirement age be in years to come? l fear very high and price is now being paid by current and will be paid by future generations for excesses of past 15 years.
    i proffer seasonal felicitatiions in what is fast becoming a very unfestive time of year.

I received full DLA at the age of 62, I applied for & I got my First Motability Car Then. I am just a couple of months short of 68 and still in receipt of DLA and I am on my 2ns Motability Car. I will be applying for my 3rd car next year as my current contract with Motability runs out in October 2016.

As I was 65 before April 2013 I should be able to stay on DLA.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

I hate to give anyone ideas but I wouldn't be surprised if PIP eventually becomes a working age benefit that you stop receiving at 65 (or whatever age you claim your pension).

Perhaps it happen. Who can forecast.

Difficult times ahead and difficult decisions to be made. My suggested approach was freezing ALL benefits for 2 years. This could have avoided many of unfair actions.

[QUOTE=RaspberryRipple;will change too?tly you don't want to terrify people or worse, give any DWP lurker ideas..
    Pretty sure I'll be dead before 65 and by then Pip will have been replaced several times over.[/QUOTE]

Perhaps other benefits will change too?

Quote Originally Posted by catlover View Post
    I hate to give anyone ideas but I wouldn't be surprised if PIP eventually becomes a working age benefit that you stop receiving at 65 (or whatever age you claim your pension).
    I don't think that will happen, unless the 'grey vote' suddenly lose the majority vote amongst the country's voters - pensioners still have power over the government even if they once were working age disabled.

I wonder how many of the Motability customers are of pensionable age?
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

It is young who have and are suffer whilst older have dobe much better