Thread: Sds direct payment query

Sds direct payment query

Hi I live in Scotland and today I was advises by my CPN that I may be eligible for Direct Payment for a support worker. Can anyone tell me what the means testing criteria are? And how many hours you were entitled to? I was told that I might have to pay £13 a week for 1-1.5 hours a week.

Direct payment is an alternative way to get community support, basically you find and employ the workers etc, the £13 your asked to pay is maybe because your income is slightly different from other people, I need to pay £220 a month for my community help, also be advised direct payments can also be more hassle than there worth I would urge you to speak to a qualified adviser as this method could put you under immense stress.

Quote Originally Posted by Blastoff View Post
    Direct payment is an alternative way to get community support, basically you find and employ the workers etc, the £13 your asked to pay is maybe because your income is slightly different from other people, I need to pay £220 a month for my community help, also be advised direct payments can also be more hassle than there worth I would urge you to speak to a qualified adviser as this method could put you under immense stress.
    I receive ESA(Still in assesment phase after 6 months) and PIP standard daily living. What do they class as different income?

I'm not really sure, pensions etc I think, I know several people who take the direct payments option some enjoying it some find it more hassle than it's worth, I guess it depends on the hours and times you need and if the support your local authority is providing you is actually any good