Thread: Letter from Maximus about ESA assessment. What does it mean?

Letter from Maximus about ESA assessment. What does it mean?

I have received a reminder letter from Maximus or the Health assessment Authority as they refer to themselves reminding me my form needs to be returned by 25th May.

I am currently in the support group my last form was three years ago
    I have managed to get letters from my hospital consultant and gp stating
    My diagnosis
    My abilities such as not being able to walk almost no distance
    My condition is not curable and very unlikely to get any better

I am very puzzled by the two following statements in the reminder letter

If you have any medical documents that you think will support your claim send them in with your questionairre. for example, this could be a medical reoprt from your doctor, consultant or support worker

The next line however says:
    Please do not send medical statements with your questionairre, Send the to the jobcentreplus office that deals with your claim.

Medical statements are also know as medical certificates, doctors statement or sick notes.

I am unsure are the letter I have medical documents or statements as required by these people?

Love to have any advice.
    Thx in advance
    Last edited by Sueworried; 16-05-15 at 11:57. Reason: spelling error in title

If Maximus are writing to you then it means your details have been passed to them by DWP. Id ring DWP and ask why your getting these letters. It could be that they wish to reassess you, or it could just be an admin mistake.

The first line you have in red is saying that you can send in any medical evidence that you have along with your ESA50 questionaire.
    (medical documents)
    That is; the letters you have got from your consultant and GP.

The rest is talking about sick notes, this is for people making their first claim who still have to send sick notes to the Jobcentre.
    (medical statements)
    As you have been in Support Group for a while then you won't have been sending sick notes so you can just ignore that bit.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Many many thx, I feel a fool for bothering but I am so worried. Your reply has calmed me- well just till I send of the form anyway and await my verdict.
    Again thankyou

No problem,

We all get a bit stuck on the wording of these things now and again.

Good luck with the reassessment.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.