Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Advice on disabled cruising

No I doubt they can do much either, unlike the leaning tower of pisa which they have managed to pull back a little and stabalise
    Sea Queen

It is actually sea defences they are doing in the lagoon.

We spend so much money now fighting Mother Nature, maybe we need to let nature take its course, & use that money to, well, stupid idea as if it were available we know the money would end up going to wars, higher pay for bosses, political campaigns, greed is the keyword.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

I am going on a Mediterranean cruise in May with Royal Caribbean and they are allowing me to take my electric wheelchair with me. I also need a hoist and shower commode, the ship provides the shower commode, but I am allowed to hire a hoist and they will allow the company that I have hired it from to take it on board. As for prices at the bar I can not help you, as this is my first cruise.

Quote Originally Posted by seren View Post
    I am going on a Mediterranean cruise in May with Royal Caribbean and they are allowing me to take my electric wheelchair with me. I also need a hoist and shower commode, the ship provides the shower commode, but I am allowed to hire a hoist and they will allow the company that I have hired it from to take it on board. As for prices at the bar I can not help you, as this is my first cruise.
    Hi Seren, which ship will you be cruising on?
    I think you will find the room ample in size with telephone at the side of bed and in the bathroom. I suppose the drinks can be more expensive (alcohol) than when at home, but tea, coffee, fruit juices, water (from the machine in buffet dining room) free as well as lemonade and more recently sugar free squash is free from upstairs buffet. If you ask for bottled water in your room it has to be paid for, so many people take a glass of the free water down with them to their room. Anything out of your fridge is also payable such as the chocolates and nuts.
    I hope you enjoy your cruise.
    Sea Queen

Seren, let us know how it goes, all of it, the fun stuff as well as the disabled, etc. Would be helpful to others, & we would love to hear all about your great cruise.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen