Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Road Tax Exempt and Blue Badge

This is Central London - hence I checked with them - as going by what they said - as long as I have a blue badge I can park there. Unlike someone parking in a disabled bay without a blue badge. Anyway I'm happy. I gave them all my details - car reg, blue badge and their reply was simple enough - yes you can park there.

I am finding out today that car exempt from tax is not having to register for Dartford crossing, is free and information taken from dvla.

Quote Originally Posted by fwipperie View Post
    I am finding out today that car exempt from tax is not having to register for Dartford crossing, is free and information taken from dvla.
    I did a topic about this before: http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...ain-Road-Tolls

AmyS not sure if this applies to all (I live in London) but think it does so worth checking if you haven't ... with my BB I have applied for Congestion Charge waiver fee - you pay £10 a year and can register 2 cars - but the BB holder must be travelling in them and you are except from the fee.

Also if anyone is is London then The City of London, the Royal Borough of Kensington & Chelsea, the City of Westminster, and part of the London Borough of Camden, south of Euston Road are all exempt from BB and have there own schemes so you may have trouble parking in these places - best like AmyS did and call them.

Greenwich also has some differing rules but still haven't worked them out but you can park in Disabed Bays with a BB although there are not many of them.

Southwark you can park on pay and display without paying for up to the time of the pay and display - many are 2 hours so can use the full 3 hours of BB time.

I am still learning after having the badge for a few years now ... its a minefield x