Thread: Serve Disability Premium - Help

Serve Disability Premium - Help

I live alone and receive enhanced daily living and standard mobility of PIP. I'm also in ESA support group. Am I eligible for Serve Disability Premium? How much is it and is it backdated?

Thanks for your help!

Is your ESA contribution based or income based? If it's contribution based only then there's no entitlement to SDP. If your ESA is income based and as well as living alone, no-one is claiming carer's allowance for looking after you then you should be entitled to it. SDP is currently £61.85 per week and usually if you're entitled they automatically send you a form to complete when you start receiving PIP, but sometimes it's missed so you need to ask for form ESA3. I think it is usually backdated if you qualify.

Quote Originally Posted by Addison75 View Post
    I live alone and receive enhanced daily living and standard mobility of PIP. I'm also in ESA support group. Am I eligible for Serve Disability Premium? How much is it and is it backdated?

Thanks for your help!
    I am single, live in a one bedroom flat - alone, receive PIP Standard Care Rate (mobility is not considered). I do not have carers and no one receives a carers allowance on my behalf. I am in ESA Support (Income Related) and receive Severe Disability Premium. It's paid with my ESA every fortnight.

The form you require is IS10. Have you been on PIP Enhanced Care for a while? I was sent the form immediately after receiving my Standard Care Rate. Other's here say they've had success in having it backdated.

I'm on WRAG and was awarded standered rate on both in April 2015, i got the IS10 in the post a few weeks later, it's very easy to fill in, i sent it back and it was backdated to when i first phoned to apply for PIP in March 2014. Also if anyone is living in a shared house, ie renting a room with share of kitchen, bathroom, ect (but are not related to anyone living in the house) they are also entitled to SDP. so phone up ESA department and ask for IS10

If you already receive the EDP in your ESA payment, which I imagine you do, you'll receive the SDP no problem just fill in the IS10 as advised. It will be back dated to the time of which ever was your latest award, either ESA or PIP.

Best of luck

I applied for ESA In Jan 2015 - awarded support group late March 2015

I applied for PIP Early Dec 2014 - awarded enhanced care and standard mobility early June 2015

I'm hoping they will send the IS10 in the post in the next week or so.. Will the SDP be backdated to the day I phoned PIP or the ESA?

Hi It is backdate to when you phoned for PIP, if you don't get the IS10 in a few weeks, phone the ESA department and ask for it.