Thread: Replacement wheels

Replacement wheels

Hello
    Getting a bit exasperated here so wondering if anyone has any idea where I can buy replacement back wheels for my Karma Martin HD manual chair.

It takes 24 inch by 1 3/4 mountain bike tyres, and I would like to replace the stuck on solids with pneumatic and tube tyres, so am looking for the metal wheels to fit this size. I have managed to get the tyres and tubes.

I can buy, with some difficulty, wheels with the stuck on tyres but cannot find wheels on their own for the 1 3/4 inch width.

I am struggling with bangs and bumps when out in my wheelchair and we are experimenting with getting the most bearable option for me.

Any suggestions please?

Hi try here Most seem to be USA but this is UK. Good luck

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by joss View Post
    Hi try here Most seem to be USA but this is UK. Good luck
    Thank you for the link.
    Hum, I've had a quick look and they are pricey and none for a Karma Martin, but then I look at the wheelchairs they are £2500 ish. I understand that the Karma chairs are made in China, so am guessing that the wheels have the rubber tyres stuck on them there. That would make it nigh on impossible to get wheels of this mountain bike size in the UK.

Am wondering if it's possible to get all the bits to adapt a mountain bike wheel into a wheelchair one ...

Good morning worcshomemum,

Have you tried contacting Karma Mobility? Please give them a ring on, (0845) 630 3436 and hopefully they can provide you with more information.

Kind regards,
    DLF team

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dlfteam View Post
    Good morning worcshomemum,

Have you tried contacting Karma Mobility? Please give them a ring on, (0845) 630 3436 and hopefully they can provide you with more information.

Kind regards,
    DLF team
    Yes, I've emailed over the weekend and also my local Karma supplier had made contact but apparently it is only a question that the boss could answer and he was out Friday (probably having a paddle...)
    Hoping to hear sometime today.

i have a karma ergo and my first replacement tyre was from the supplier. Last lot was bought online. Suggest you google your exact type of tyre and you'll find lots of suppliers. My last lot was Schwalbe Marathon, but sounds like you need different

Maybe a bit off the wall but have you thought about taking your chair into a local cycle shop?

They will have lots of wheels and tyres in stock and may be able to try a few and fit you up there and then.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.