Thread: New pip assessment

New pip assessment

As those that have followed my other threads will know, I am awaiting my statement of reasons to go to the upper tribunal on my initial PIP application. Some may also know that i had to take the decision to also start a fresh claim. Im aware that the fresh claim will supercede the original claim and should i receive an award on the original claim, itll end on the date that i put in my fresh claim.

Today i got a phone call inviting me for assessment. Somewhat of a surprise as i only posted the PIP2 thursday. I have 6 days notice which is an improvement on 16 hours last time.

Anyone know how i go about requesting that the assessment be recorded?

Im hoping the experience of the first assessment gives me an added advantage. I dont go in with the naivety that i did in the first assessment. I also know the likely questions and the layout of the building. I know their likely responses to my particular difficulties and can have answers prepared in advance.

I also have 2 advantages over the initial application.

At no point during this application, or for the 3 months prior was i working. In the initial application i was working (with difficulty) through the first 3 months.

I have a referral for ASD assessment. Something i was unaware of at the first assessment. I'm aware that a referral isn't a confirmed diagnosis but its better than nothing.
    Last edited by carl30; 17-06-15 at 10:46.

pip assessments cannot be (officially) recorded.

The only way is stated on the Atos website i'm afraid, perhaps find a duel tape recorder? The bit i also find interesting are these statements ..

"We don’t normally pass the recordings onto DWP and they do not use it when deciding on your entitlement and award of PIP"
    "You will need to sign an agreement that sets out what you are and are not allowed to do with the recording"

Seems to me even if you do tape it, i bet they tie your hands in knots so it would be very difficult to even use it.

http://www.atoshealthcare.com/pip/at_your_consultation
    Last edited by Gentlegiant; 17-06-15 at 13:55.

Just looked at the cost of the recording equipment they require. Found 1 on amazon for £230. Think ill manage without.

You can make a request ATOS to record a PIP assessment, using 'their' dual tape recorders, they have a section on their website about it.
    On my phone so cant post a link.

From what I can gather they dont like it at all and will make lots of excuses not to; including pushing the date back and then saying the equipment is not available anyway.

As also noted above there are lots of restrictions on what you can do with a recording anyway; they dont want the TV getting hold of them.
    Im not even sure that you can use them in court, even though it has to be an evidence standard recording.

I think flymo did a post/thread about all this last year?
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    You can make a request ATOS to record a PIP assessment, using 'their' dual tape recorders, they have a section on their website about it.
    On my phone so cant post a link.

From what I can gather they dont like it at all and will make lots of excuses not to; including pushing the date back and then saying the equipment is not available anyway.

As also noted above there are lots of restrictions on what you can do with a recording anyway; they dont want the TV getting hold of them.
    Im not even sure that you can use them in court, even though it has to be an evidence standard recording.

I think flymo did a post/thread about all this last year?
    My assessment is with Capita but ill give them a call and see what they say.

This is a couple of years old but gives the governments stance at the time on recording CAPITA assessments and the conditions if doing your own.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...-1767-2013.pdf
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.