Thread: PIP review!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

PIP review!

So, earlier this year, my auntie was awarded higher rates for both parts of PIP.

Yesterday she got a letter saying that she is now on standard rate mobility and enhanced care due to new information sent to them by her doctor. I highly doubt this as her doctor is extremely supportive! It now means she has lost her car..which my dad is designated driver for.
    She wasn't sent a letter telling her about the review. Obviously, she will be asking for a MR!

She wasn't due for a review until 2018, although I know it can be done at any time. I am so angry about it!

Quote Originally Posted by flowerangelx View Post
    So, earlier this year, my auntie was awarded higher rates for both parts of PIP.

Yesterday she got a letter saying that she is now on standard rate mobility and enhanced care due to new information sent to them by her doctor. I highly doubt this as her doctor is extremely supportive! It now means she has lost her car..which my dad is designated driver for.
    She wasn't sent a letter telling her about the review. Obviously, she will be asking for a MR!

She wasn't due for a review until 2018, although I know it can be done at any time. I am so angry about it!
    This is awful news. Sadly, the Conservative government are trying to reduce disability spending by at least 20%. - they advertised this before the recent election. It is a great pity that we now have a Conservative government, in my opinion. Maybe if the Tories were not in power and we had a different party in power, things might have been different for your auntie and many others like her. We will never know now will we. Anyway, I wish your auntie well in her own fight for social justice.

Buster

Quote Originally Posted by buster21 View Post
    This is awful news. Sadly, the Conservative government are trying to reduce disability spending by at least 20%. - they advertised this before the recent election. It is a great pity that we now have a Conservative government, in my opinion. Maybe if the Tories were not in power and we had a different party in power, things might have been different for your auntie and many others like her. We will never know now will we. Anyway, I wish your auntie well in her own fight for social justice.

Buster
    Why do people keep thinking labour would be any differen't ? We can't sustain the level of benefit bill or would you rather ignore the fact that we have debts to pay ? act like Greece and have your money slashed by half ! France have major problems coming with militant unions stopping change ! I'm from working class, paralysed from my chest and in hands and arms and sick of bashing the rich and left wing crap ! I know of many fakers with motability cars for years who can walk and abuse blue badges too. Pip should have happened years ago and if you think labour would change it, then you live in cloud cuckoo land !

Ironically, my award for PIP is until next year so I have been preparing for my own 'review'

I have now read the letter my auntie received, she has completely lost mobility, going from 14 points to just 4 (apparently, she can plan a route....she can't even go to her local shop without getting lost and confused.) and has gone from 14 points for daily living to just 8.

She didn't receive a new form or anything, but they are claiming she filled one in! Hmm..NOPE.

The letter she has received sounds like the review has already taken place as it indicates the descriptors which she met/didn't meet.

The review process can take place at any time.

I have never heard of a review taking place without informing the claimant or a doctor being asked for a report without the claimant's consent.

Something is definitely amiss here.

Even if your aunt didn't open the letter/return the form then her PIP would have stopped.

See here:

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/be...ou-get-it-for/

I think your aunt/you should be telephoning to find out exactly how this has happened.

With all due respect, if your aunt can't get to the shop without getting lost/confused is it possible that someone completed the form for her and she has forgotten?

Anyway, telephone. They will have all the information needed on her file so it should be easy to find out what has happened.

Of course it could just be an error and the wrong letter has been sent to your aunt.

If all is in order and the correct procedure has been followed then you can so a mandatory reconsideration/appeal.

Let us know what happens as the information will be helpful to others.