Thread: dla to pip transitional support package

dla to pip transitional support package

hi im currently on indef dla i no im due for a assesment this year my question is can you opt out of pip and still get the £2000 of motabity or do you have to go through the pip process to be able to qualify or haas anyone had this money already
    Shaun

Quote Originally Posted by jshaun1968 View Post
    hi im currently on indef dla i no im due for a assesment this year my question is can you opt out of pip and still get the £2000 of motabity or do you have to go through the pip process to be able to qualify or haas anyone had this money already
    You have to apply to PIP and if you fail to qualify for enhanced rate then uouget transitional support package

Hi Shaun,

I'm on indefinite DLA too. I'm in a postcode area that will be seen first - maybe even this year.

From what I know you will continue getting DLA but eventually you will be invited to apply for PIP as DLA is being phased out.

After you apply for PIP you will continue getting paid DLA until a decision has been made about your entitlement to the new PIP benefit.

At that stage your DLA payments will stop and hopefully your newly approved PIP benefit will replace it.

If you are turned down for PIP they will stop paying DLA.

Hope that answers your question.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    If you are turned down for PIP they will stop paying DLA.

Hope that answers your question.
    Unless they appeal, if they do they continue to receive payment?

Quote Originally Posted by srwlml23 View Post
    Unless they appeal, if they do they continue to receive payment?
    not true, if you are turned down for pip your dla payments will stop 4 weeks from the date, whether you appeal or not.

if you are awarded a lower rate of pip, and decide to appeal your lower rate pip will continue whilst appealing.

No payment during appeal otherwise system would be clogged up

Are you saying not claiming PIP, stopping your DLA claim and not applying for PIP, when you wrote ( opt out of PIP ) ?
    or did I hear that wrong.

Support package by motability very generous