Thread: Epilepsy and Esa wrag

Epilepsy and Esa wrag

Hello, hopefully someone can help.
    I have recently been re-diagnosed with different types of epilepsies. I was first diagnosed at 5 following encephalitis, grew out of it by 15, however following surgery 2 years ago it returned worse than ever.
    I am currently on basic esa and am very concerned about being put in wrag. My condition is currently uncontrolled and I need someone with me continuously. Would I be able to take someone with me to the various tasks they require.
    There is no way I could go back to my previous career as a primary school teacher as seizures are a daily occurrence atm.
    I feel the SG is the best way forward for me and would I be able to site regulation 25 to support my claim.
    Sorry about the length of this post and thanks in advance.

I agree that your best chance of getting into the support group is through the special circumstances.

A link to help:

https://www.epilepsy.org.uk/info/ben...-allowance-ESA

If you need someone with you in order to complete the wrag activities due to safety, then your not capable of doing them. It can't be guaranteed that someone will always be available to come with you.

Thanks for your replies. Carl30 that's what I think, I just need to get dwp to understand that my condition is uncontrolled and unpredictable.

have a look at the protocol's that they use, it may help you.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/reque...nal%20Copy.pdf

Very useful, thanks slipmaster. According to their own guidelines I would be classified as having the severe form.