Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Very Cross

Very Cross

Many of you will have read my posts on the thread - Emotionally Disturbed.
    We have been waiting for the Y/P to begin counselling again and Y/P had a letter in May saying an appointment would be sent out as soon as they could fit him in.

I phoned today as we have been waiting for several months only to be told that after the Y/P assessment to return the Y/P had been DISCHARGED!! As the assessor felt his needs were to complex for them!!

I'm furious TBH.
    I was told the letter had been sent out in error!!

I'm now waiting for the Mental Health DR to cal me ( I rang and explained to his secretary )

I do hope they can transfer counselling to somewhere else as this Y/P has been doing so well and has stuck with this for nearly two years.
    It has really knocked them back after hearing what I needed to tell them.
    Sea Queen

What the hell are these counsellors trained for then. To push someone out of the door who has serious problems that could be helped is despicable. It is giving up on them which is just not acceptable.
    Hopefully the YP can be transferred elsewhere and that there is very little waiting time.

Was at our local MHU?

It is the one near the roundabout with the tree in the middle beau.
    I reckon they are only for people with marriage probs etc ( not to belittle that ).
    However this Y/P has more than this and a whole back log of a shite life as a child and Y/P growing up.
    The Hartington Unit has been contacted by me, so hopefully we can get more help from another source.

I could tell when I spoke to the Y/P that they felt as if no help would be available and was so upset.

I won't let this happen!!!
    Sea Queen

Disgusting that everything you need is a fight to get. The YP has come on so far, all credit to him, it would be awful if he was allowed to slide back.
    Best of luck to get the help he needs. Where would he be if he hadn't got you to fight for him? I can't imagine.

Thanks beau that is his fear that he may back slide, this counselling is much needed and it's the first time Y/P has been strong enough to go through with it.
    I won't let this go, he's been a victim for too long!!
    Sea Queen

What the F are they playing at there!

Too complex for them.
    If they are not up to the job then they should refer him to someone who is, not just discharge him and wash their hands without telling you.

Very Cross? I would be bloody furious!
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    What the F are they playing at there!

Too complex for them.
    If they are not up to the job then they should refer him to someone who is, not just discharge him and wash their hands without telling you.

Very Cross? I would be bloody furious!
    I agree with you Nukecad, why not send a letter advising of this instead of the one they sent which was - you are still on our list!
    Little wonder people with M/H probs suffer so much
    Sea Queen

This is shocking treatment. I'm glad he's got you on the case!

Had a letter from mental health unit, Y/P has an appointment for September.
    Pleased I made that call!!!
    Sea Queen

Things are looking up. Hope it is not another error.