Thread: Hello, any advice would be welcome. sorry for long rant

Hello, any advice would be welcome. sorry for long rant

My friend has been claiming PIP enhanced rate care and standard rate mobility since sep 2013 which he was awarded till 2017 , he was diagnosed with cancer and has been having chemo since june 2013 , and still receiving chemo hes got 6 month left before his treatment ends ,he suffers after the treatment .no sooner picks himself up his next course is due .last nov he was suffering a lot of pain and could hardly walk .his breathing was erractic and after test he was found too have bronchiectasis ,so we applied too see if his mobility could rise in jan this year .as he needs taxis too transport him around sometimes he at hospital 3 times a week .he has a lot of ongoing problems with his health not just his cancer , he also suffer from deep vein thrombosis ,which he has suffered from a pulmonary embolism .while receiving treatment for this was when his cancer was diagnosed .thats when he started too receive the enhanced rate of care he also suffers trapped nerves in his neck ,causing him severe pain and back problems ,he needs an operation but they unable too do it because of his chemo and thrombosis . .hes still got 6 month of chemo left yet they have stopped his care payment , Dont know how they can justify this as nothing has changed since he was first awarded it ,its not as if he has the all clear ,and he still suffer side effects of chemo ,He had home visit in may ,and rang DWP today .too be told they made decision his mobility is staying the same standard rate no change ,and they took off him the care award .and too top it all they have stopped it since jan .so ne now owes them £2500 anyone know what i can do ,he is ill now threating too kill himself

I do wish people would look into this before they go gung ho and tell DWP that his/her condition has changed. Whenever you tell them about a change, they will look at the whole claim again, and i'm afraid as you have seen the outcome is not always good.

I would get some professional advice as quickly as possible, regarding an appeal.

As Gentlegiant has said, when you report a change of circumstances and ask to be reassessed, they will look at the whole award. Many people have lost out when doing this.

If his care needs are the same, or worse since first getting his award, it would seem unfair that they have stopped the care component.

I agree that you need to seek professional advice from CAB, local council welfare officer or something along those lines.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

Hi many thanks ,but Ive been too see my M P .today who was very helpful He has took the award letter ,and told us too leave in his hands