Thread: Ending Motability scheme early, not re-newing!!!!

Ending Motability scheme early, not re-newing!!!!

Hi Everyone

I know this has been covered loads before but wanted to explain my situation as everyone's is different..... So please forgive me.....

Firstly I'm not new to this forum however system couldn't find my email to re-new password...

Need help if I may:

I have only had my Motability car for 5 months, Unfortunately I lost my job in May and money is now non existent and I am struggling day to day to get by.

I haven't really used the car much recently as I cant afford the fuel or though its not awful on fuel I still cant afford it....

Is this grounds to be able to cancel / hand back the vehicle to Motability?

Thanks

Phill

I assume as your now out of work, youve put in a claim for ESA. If only you could get by until after your assessment, then money would improve. I should imagine someone who recieves high rate mobility would have a good case with ESA.

As far as handing the vehicle back goes, there is only 1 way to know. Ring motability and explain.

Ringing them is the only way to find out tbh.

However, won't you need the car again for job hunting and getting to your new place of work whenever that job materialises?

Quote Originally Posted by FIL3807 View Post
    Hi Everyone

I know this has been covered loads before but wanted to explain my situation as everyone's is different..... So please forgive me.....

Firstly I'm not new to this forum however system couldn't find my email to re-new password...

Need help if I may:

I have only had my Motability car for 5 months, Unfortunately I lost my job in May and money is now non existent and I am struggling day to day to get by.

I haven't really used the car much recently as I cant afford the fuel or though its not awful on fuel I still cant afford it....

Is this grounds to be able to cancel / hand back the vehicle to Motability?

Thanks

Phill

If you really want to work the quickest way is through a temp agency.

As many people take holidays now there are more temporary placements than workers.

All you need to do is 16 hours a week then you'll get tax credit top ups.

You'll benefit from the use of the car to get to work.

Don't give up - you just need to get your foot back in the door!

A quick answer, yes.

Of course financial difficulty is a reason to hand back your car - and probably without having to pay the £250 admin fee too - just make sure you explain all your circumstances.
    Motability Car History
    05/09-05/12; Nissan Qashqai 1.5 Diesel Tekna; 36,500 miles; avg 41.1mpg
    06/12-07/15; Ford C-Max 2.0 Diesel Titanium Powershift; 35,400 miles; avg 37.8mpg
    07/15-09/17; Skoda Octavia 1.6 Diesel SE-L DSG; 28,200miles; avg 43.9mpg
    09/17-Present; VW Touran 1.4 Petrol SEL DSG; 11,600miles; avg 35.9mpg (28.6 - 43.9mpg)

Click here to send me an email with any private Motoring questions you may have. Replies usually within 48hrs

Motability usually very flexible and look carefully at all circumstances

I think that this charity might be a solution

https://www.turn2us.org.uk/About-Us/...beth-Finn-Fund

When comparing motability with private lease worth remembering that private lease cannot be cancelled early without big fees