Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bus/rail pass?

Bus/rail pass?

I got my PIP letter today and im getting standard rate for both daily and mobility and I was just wondering if anyone knows if I will be able to get a bus/rail pass?

Check your local council website as they differ, I had a bus pass with low/low DLA, now I get enhanced/enhanced PIP I qualified for a carers bus pass so it covers the both of us.
    I'm under Shropshire

Quote Originally Posted by DD91 View Post
    I got my PIP letter today and im getting standard rate for both daily and mobility and I was just wondering if anyone knows if I will be able to get a bus/rail pass?
    You will qualify for a disabled rail pass, it's not free but entitles you and a travel partner 30%off the cost of the fare.

Thanks guys its more the bus pass I would need as I use the buses alot

Quote Originally Posted by DD91 View Post
    Thanks guys its more the bus pass I would need as I use the buses alot
    Our council provides free bus and train travel if you are in receipt of pip.
    Best to give your local council a call tomorrow.
    Good luck with it.

Quote Originally Posted by tedthered View Post
    Our council provides free bus and train travel if you are in receipt of pip.
    Best to give your local council a call tomorrow.
    Good luck with it.
    i live in wales if you are over 60 you are entitled to a bus/rail pass

In my area it depends on your disability. For example learning difficulties would qualify me for a bus pass, but anxiety and depression wouldn't, unless it'd likely result in the refusal of a driving license.

Id suggest typing into google your local authority name followed by disabled bus pass. This will likely bring up a council site with the eligibility requirements.

Thanks guys I phoned up I have an appointment on Thursday but the guy on the phone told me I would get the bus pass with a companion.

You can apply for a disabled rail card online. http://www.disabledpersons-railcard.co.uk/
    This will tell the conditions for applying. Bus passes a bit different they are awarded by you LA and it will be up to them. Once you have your award letter, then contact them. You will need the letter as proof first.

No free bus pass in Wales even with enhanced care and standard mobility. In Wales you have to have been awarded the point on physical mobility only.
    I got awarded 16 points on care and 10 points on mobility for unfaimliar journey but this still didn't qualify me for a bus pass even though I have to pay two lots of fares as I can't travel alone.
    The criteria really does differ county to county.