Thread: Just Out Of Interest

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Just Out Of Interest

I was just wondering, if I won over 16,000 on the lottery or horses it would obviously put me over the savings limit and ESA would stop, then after a year or so it would be under the limit would you get ESA automticaly or would you have put in a new claim starting from scratch,
    curious

no you would not close your claim, only your payments would stop.

you would still be on ESA with nil payments,you would still have NI credits added to your claim towards your R/pension.

you would have to fill in an ESA3 form once your income has gone down for dwp to decide if you again qualify for payments.

if you were on Housing Benefits this would also stop, you would have to reapply for HB once income goes down.

both ESA and HB start being reduced pro/rata once you have over £6000 upto £16,000 when you get zilch.

If you win the jackpot and spend it wisely, you'd never have to worry about benefits again.