Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A matter of interest

A matter of interest

Interesting reading.

Am now wondering if Cameron and co will try to rush through a change in law regarding FOI requests. Would not surprise me at all. This motley crew of a government are fond of changing laws and perameters to suit their own needs. (prime example being, their promise to lift thousands of children out of poverty, this has not happened, so they have redefined poverty to cover their own failure to do this).

Given the latest fiasco on the posters etc regarding benefits sanctions, IDS repeatedly fudging the figures etc and the numerous TV programmes portaying benefits claimants as the lowest of the low, I am afraid that any figures that may be released would not be complete or wholly truthful, despite any protestations from Government to persuade us otherwise.
    What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.

I for 1 don't believe a single word of what any polititian says choose what party they are or if the are in power or not.

The figures have been published this morning.

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...esa-ib-sda.pdf

It's still early doors for a full analysis of the figures, but they look horrendous.

http://voxpoliticalonline.com/

Thanks for that vikstar, lets hope they will get broken down for us less qualified and plain speaking to understand.

Thanks for the link vickstar, I'll download and read it later.

It has been mentioned on the BBC today but not much in what I saw earlier, the shooting of 2 american journalists last Wednesday got more coverage.

It will be interesting to see if this makes tomorrow mornings newspaper headlines.
    I'm guessing it will be tucked away on page 5 or 6 of most with the new peerages making the headlines but am willing to be surprised.

IDS is at it again though;
    claiming that this is a mortality rate comparable with the general population and totaly ignoring the fact that what it is about is that these people had been found 'fit for work' shortly before they died.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Fom reading a few online reports/comments there seems to be a skewing towards:

"The figures don't show that WCAs are causing deaths"
    (Of course not that was not what they were meant to measure).

rather than:

"The figures show that WCAs are finding people who are at deaths door fit for work"

Totaly different things, but guess which one IDS &co are going to be spouting.

Well just been watching Newsnight on BBC2.

Top Story? - Immigration.
    Now I'm sorry that 50 or so migrants have been found dead in a truck in Austria.
    But is this really a bigger story than 2,380 people, in a 2 year period, dying within two weeks of being declared fit for work?
    (That averages out at 2 truck loads every month for 2 years).

Next story - New peerages. No comment.
    Next story - Cooking roadkill, a squirell.
    Last piece - Hurricane Katrina, last years news.

'Fit for work' deaths not even mentioned.

Maybe the BBC are studying the figures intensely and intending to put out a special programme?

Or maybe they don't want to upset the gov. with a license fee review comming up.

Just as I suspected this story only made 2 front pages in the national press today, and one of those was just a box with a pointer to page 7.
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs/the_papers

Disgusting.

As an indication of how usless the BBC news is these days:
    I have just watched a guy doing a review of the papers and telling us earnestly how MAXIMUS have been criticised for running the WCA badly for the last five years, he repeated this a number of times, but now a new company called ATOS has taken over and things will improve.

Talk about getting your facts ar*e about face.