Thread: ESA report

ESA report

Hello forum I'm getting myself ready for when my review for my ESA Support Group is due in December 2015. I was awarded PIP Enhanced Mobility/Standard Daily Living in December 2014 and have the assessors report for that is it worth sending it in as evidence to support my ESA50? Also should have a report off my CPN and a supporting letter from my GP... What I'm worrying about is on the assessors report from my previous ESA home visit assessment she put on the letter I expect an improvement within the medium term... but I havent improved if anything I've gotten worst with my conditions will her words on the report impact on the new assessment? Or is it just a prediction?

It may be useful, but bear in mind the descriptors for ESA and for PIP are quite different....so much so that it's possible to qualify for PIP when able to work (many do).

Regarding what the assessor said about improvement; that was her opinion at the time, but if you have up-to-date evidence that shows you have not improved, or have deteriorated it won't matter what she said last time.

Quote Originally Posted by noisynoodle View Post
    It may be useful, but bear in mind the descriptors for ESA and for PIP are quite different....so much so that it's possible to qualify for PIP when able to work (many do).

Regarding what the assessor said about improvement; that was her opinion at the time, but if you have up-to-date evidence that shows you have not improved, or have deteriorated it won't matter what she said last time.
    I had a home assessment back at my first assessment so if needed I would 100% need another home visit second time around. Just worried the assessor or decision Maker will not be very pleased and understanding if I havent improved much since 2013 but I can't help how my conditions affect me.

HI,noisynoodle. Just reading your message and am interested in what you say, about the descriptors being different for, PIP_ESA. I am in the middle of a battle with the tribunal over my shift from IB to ESA which is being denied me, ( 0 points ) i too have had a successful claim for the standard rate of PIP ( mobility ) while all this is going on. I am looking at a 3rd tribunal next month, them having adjourned the case twice. ( they now insisting i attend ) as i have not before. Anyway, i have a shed full of paperwork now and looking at the file sent me from my meeting with the HCP, and the descriptors are the same as for PIP. I sent my PIP notification in to them as supporting evidence. This must have sent them ( NUTS ) They are now hitting back asking for supporting evidence from 1983, (yes 1983 ) and got a month to do it. Thinking of taking "them" to tribunal now. This gets worse but ill stop now.

These are the ESA descriptors, which are quite different from those for PIP in the way they are applied. For instance the most obvious one is that for ESA mobility descriptors, your mobility is judged based on how far you can move including in a wheelchair, where for PIP it's about actually walking.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...chedule/2/made

The ESA assessment also doesn't include things that wouldn't be needed at work like dressing, washing and bathing, cooking and so on, all of which are part of the PIP assessment.
    Last edited by noisynoodle; 31-08-15 at 22:14.

Quote Originally Posted by noisynoodle View Post
    These are the ESA descriptors, which are quite different from those for PIP in the way they are applied. For instance the most obvious one is that for ESA mobility descriptors, your mobility is judged based on how far you can move including in a wheelchair, where for PIP it's about actually walking.

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...chedule/2/made

The ESA assessment also doesn't include things that wouldn't be needed at work like dressing, washing and bathing, cooking and so on, all of which are part of the PIP assessment.
    I received 10 points for planning journeys on my PIP assessment, didn't have a F2F it was all done via paper based reports. Surely if I receive 10 points for planning journeys as I am housebound due to my Agoraphobia and Social Anxiety my PIP report should help me evidence wise?