Thread: Stressed - Address Change

Stressed - Address Change

I have moved house last week.
    I am in a support group for ESA contribution based, I don't really want to go through the whole process again it stresses me out.
    Will this mean a new claim or change of circumstance so I have to go through the whole process again.

I would be helpful if people can share their experiences and advise me.

I am a born worrier.
    Thanks

You must inform the DWP of your new address, but it won't have any effect on your ESA. A new claim or reassessment due to change of circumstances is only if your condition has changed, not a change of address.

Just write to them with your new address and make sure your national insurance number and date of birth is at the top of your letter. It won't trigger a new assessment.

Similar Threads

1. How do I inform the DWP of a change of address
    By Pjames in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-02-2014, 01:50 AM
  2. Had to phone PIP about change of address.
    By babyblu64 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-29-2014, 09:10 AM
  3. change of address while on esa ?
    By druid in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 11-22-2013, 01:28 PM
  4. ESA Suspend because of change of address.
    By Urcle in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-02-2013, 03:31 PM
  5. change of address mistake
    By dannyg400 in forum Benefits - help & advice on disability benefits, incapacity benefits, ESA and DLA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 04-08-2013, 07:53 AM