Thread: Blue Badge Parking Maps

Blue Badge Parking Maps

There have been a number of threads (now closed) on here about a couple of website I run and have run in the past - in fact this forum has driven a lot of traffic to the sites over the years so many thanks for that.

I wanted to take this opportunity to update forum users about the state and plans for these sites.

The Bad news

The old GonMad SatNav maps are no more - these maps provided maps of Radar Key Scheme loos, among other things, but never really took off and so when Google updated their APIs and broke the site it was not updated.

The Good news

BlueBadgeParking.com - the worldwide map of Blue Badge / Disabled parking locations - received a total overhaul. Bad old code was removed and rewritten and loads of new features added.

I'm pleased to say that since then BlueBadgeParking.com has gone from strength to strength and as always is absolutely not commercial , completely free and absolutely reliant upon its users to build and keep the map up to date.

BlueBadgeParking.com is under very active development and new features and tweaks to existing features are happening almost weekly (depending on how long it takes to test things to make sure they don't break other things!). The database of disabled parking spaces is growing constantly with new locations all over the world being added. Word seems to be spreading rapidly and, if our Twitter followers are anything to go by, spreading quickest outside of the UK.

What this means for you is that the map, and its database which can be downloaded to many SatNavs, is becoming more and more useful wherever you are traveling - home or abroad.

I hope you find this information useful - especially given that some of the links to these sites in old threads on this forum are now likely to be dead.

-Dan
    BlueBadgeParking.com

Quote Originally Posted by BlueBadgeParking View Post
    There have been a number of threads (now closed) on here about a couple of website I run and have run in the past - in fact this forum has driven a lot of traffic to the sites over the years so many thanks for that.

I wanted to take this opportunity to update forum users about the state and plans for these sites.

The Bad news

The old GonMad SatNav maps are no more - these maps provided maps of Radar Key Scheme loos, among other things, but never really took off and so when Google updated their APIs and broke the site it was not updated.

The Good news

BlueBadgeParking.com - the worldwide map of Blue Badge / Disabled parking locations - received a total overhaul. Bad old code was removed and rewritten and loads of new features added.

I'm pleased to say that since then BlueBadgeParking.com has gone from strength to strength and as always is absolutely not commercial , completely free and absolutely reliant upon its users to build and keep the map up to date.

BlueBadgeParking.com is under very active development and new features and tweaks to existing features are happening almost weekly (depending on how long it takes to test things to make sure they don't break other things!). The database of disabled parking spaces is growing constantly with new locations all over the world being added. Word seems to be spreading rapidly and, if our Twitter followers are anything to go by, spreading quickest outside of the UK.

What this means for you is that the map, and its database which can be downloaded to many SatNavs, is becoming more and more useful wherever you are traveling - home or abroad.

I hope you find this information useful - especially given that some of the links to these sites in old threads on this forum are now likely to be dead.

-Dan
    BlueBadgeParking.com
    a very fine thread, often one no know where to go for this type of information