Thread: Dla stopped

Dla stopped

Hi I joined to help my wife. She is in receipt of indefinite dla and made a claim on the last day allowed for claim of pip. The same day a letter was sent to her stopping her dla temporarily. Surely this cannot be right?

Hi.

If she waited until the last day then it sounds about right, the 'invitation' to apply for pip is more of a 'apply for pip because your dla is going to stop'.

It takes time for them to communicate between departments so chances are they didn't even know she had applied.

Has she tried calling and explaining?

Time limits
    If you currently get DLA, when you are selected for transfer you will be contacted and told
    that you must make a claim for PIP or your benefit will stop. You will have 28 days from the
    date on the notification letter in which to make your initial claim by telephone, or complete
    your paper claim form and return it to the DWP.
    The decision maker can extend the 28 day period by any length of time they think fit if, for
    example, you have had to go into hospital.

If you have not made a claim within 28 days and there has been no extension, your DLA will
    be suspended for four weeks. If you make a claim within this additional four weeks the
    suspension will be lifted.

If you have still not made a claim for PIP at the end of the eight weeks, your DLA award will
    be terminated from the date on which it was suspended.

So long as a claim for PIP has been made in the eight week period, your DLA will continue
    to be paid until a decision has been made on whether you are entitled to PIP.

Thank you for your reply. It said on the letter you can make the phone call on or before the date they gave and she made it on the date because she had to get someone to help her with it as she has been too ill. She is still very ill in the process of doing the second form which was dated the day she made the call. Will she lose the payment of Dla that has not been paid altogether? It just seems a bit cruel to me as even a bank will wait till the next day to give you a late payment fee!

Quote Originally Posted by Micmal View Post
    Thank you for your reply. It said on the letter you can make the phone call on or before the date they gave and she made it on the date because she had to get someone to help her with it as she has been too ill. She is still very ill in the process of doing the second form which was dated the day she made the call. Will she lose the payment of Dla that has not been paid altogether? It just seems a bit cruel to me as even a bank will wait till the next day to give you a late payment fee!
    Could you not have helped her make the telephone call or fill the form in? I believe they are open till early evening?

Quote Originally Posted by Micmal View Post
    No she will get it back when the confusion is sorted.

Hello and thank you for your replies. My wife has mental health issues besides physical illness. I help her all I can but you cannot force someone to do that they are frightened of as hard as I try.