Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: So do we all lose out

So do we all lose out

So I guess its true that no one who has had to change from dla to pip get any back dated money or even back dated sdp from esa.
    My journey was to call dla due to a change in my health was then told I had to apply for pip so I did that was three months ago.I was on low rate care only and since been awarded both enhanced on pip.is it true that no one gets any sort of back pay.and its one more payment of dla at low rate and then the following payment will then be from pip any input would be grateful thanks .

Yes it is true no one claiming DLA and then being awarded PIP gets back dated awards and the PIP award is 4 weeks in arrears so you get 4 weeks final DLA after your PIP award date.New claimants of PIP do get backdated awards.I do not get SDP ESA so I don't know about that one.

It's a 'swings and roundabouts' situation.

When transfering from DLA to PIP you keep getting DLA payments until the PIP is decided.

If your PIP award is higher than your DLA was during this period then they don't give backpayments.
    BUT
    If your PIP award is less than your DLA was during this period they don't ask for the money back either.

So some loose and some gain on the DLA payments made during this period.

New claimants are not getting anything for DLA during the waiting period and so their PIP is backdated to the date they made their claim
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Nukecad you seem to be clued up on this which is great mate.
    Could you answer this please if you can.
    Im currently on esa support group and was getting low rate dla care only.I rang dla to change circumstances and was told to apply for pip that was 13th of july.which I done and got both enhanced rates of pip.which I know im entitled to the server disability premium now so I semd my is10 form of I called to see if it was on the system and if I get it back dated at all from the pip application she could not tell me this for some reason but what she did say it was on the system about a change of circumstances from january 2015?what could this mean?and does the servere disability premium be paid from the change of circumstances or is it from the date when pip take over and only awarded from the 10of novemeber?if that makes sense at all your answer would be much appreciated as I cant find no answer online any were thanks again

Cheers, I'm not that 'clued up' on PIP but knew the answer to that question, others on here know much more about PIP than I do.

As far as the SDP goes I believe that it will be backdated to the date of your PIP claim.

Not sure at all what the 'change of circumstances' was, or if its even relevent here.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thanks mate for taking the time to answer cheers and have a nice evening

Keran don'y get the 2 mixed up. DLA is being replaced by PIP, yes. ESA is replacing(replaced) Income Support. The two are not connected and you can be on one w.o. the other. I have not yet had tp face that hurdle as its rolled out according to where you are and it hasn't got here yet......

The DWP are very reluctant to backpay, unless you can prove they've made a mess and fight to prove it.

My only experience with this is with ESA, when it was stopped and then a back payment was made after a year (of stress, getting advocates, and my MP involved.

You can do a PIP check here:

https://www.gov.uk/pip-checker

Or more info here:

http://www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/per...ce-payment-pip

It took me a while to actually find the AMOUNT you can get with PIP which is shown here on the Money Advice Service:

https://www.moneyadviceservice.org.u...n-introduction

I might check it against DLA later.

The PIP rollout, for some reason is leaving the areas 'postcodes' closest to London and the Gov till last.. Bit odd that? All are supposed to be on PIP instead of DLA by April 2017...

Enjoy the rest of your weekend

Thanks for the answers guys.but im none the wiser lol maybe I dont make myself clear enough as when I read my bit back its a little of putting sorry

In january I called dla to change circumstances they looked at my claim again and said its staying the same but give me it for four year.
    Called them on july 13th to change circumstances told me I have to apply for pip within a month or my money will stop so I did.was on low rate care only.
    I applied to pip with only a consultant letter and I filled my form in myself got a face to face assessment with a great nurse asked for a copy of the report before the decision and it was a good report well for pip it was.I was awarded both enhanced rates first time no drama at all.I been on esa support group for a year now but with pip im entitled to the servere disability premium as I live alone and no one claims any thing for me.I called esa and they sent me the form is10 which I filled in and sent of.I called esa to see if it was on the system yet the ladie said no but there is a note to pay from january(this is what gets me)she could not tell me nothing else as it was noton the system as of yet...im just confused about the esa side of things.does the premium be paid once pip take ie the month after the dla stops.then I get my premium.or is it back dated to the original claim of pip from 13th of july.or as the lady from january when I asked dla to review my claim as I was worse and needed to change circumstances?does that make more sense I hope it does sorry to ramble on and many thanks guys

Ps love that name the flying kidney lol very good.and thanks for the information cheers and I hope all is good with ya