Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HRMC/PIP. How many of us will actually meet the new criteria?

This is the final consultation document
    http://www.dwp.gov.uk/consultations/2012/pip.shtml

THIS is you last chance to make your views to this obnoxious change

Will do, but if they do not care now.....
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Hi Stephen my advice to you KEEP BADGERING your consultant,I had an accident which goosed one of my legs totally & other not so much but was told "you are to young" I was 45 at the time BUT eventually I had my right knee replaced at the age of 47 & because they had left off to long I ended up having my other knee replaced two years later.

Quote Originally Posted by gus View Post
    Hi Stephen,
    Yes I was told by consultant they would give me new knees when I am 65 as they have to be replaced approx every 17 years. Trouble is I am only 44.Hopefully I will be getting a mobility scooter as my mobility is deteriorating . I also have crohns so need to be able to get to a loo quick at present this is very difficult. The anxiety and stress this causes means I have developed agoraphobia and rarely leave the house. The scooter should make a huge difference and maybe I can get the confidence to go out again.
    Last edited by biggallute; 02-07-2012 at 09:15 AM. Reason: spelling

Me? Do you not mean Gus?
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Angry

So, we now have Motabilities position, confirming that ONLY those on the higher rate of PIP mobility will have Motorbility cars.
    Thousands like me will lose their cars and many will become prisoners in their own homes :-(

http://www.motabilitycarscheme.co.uk...&ObjectId=2852

I was hoping that it would be a little like the Blue Badge, were those who were not on HR may still be accessed. I can see why this will not be the case, but the problem is with PIP how many who should & need to be on HR will not be?
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by Stepheninleeds View Post
    I was hoping that it would be a little like the Blue Badge, were those who were not on HR may still be accessed. I can see why this will not be the case, but the problem is with PIP how many who should & need to be on HR will not be?
    the Governments own estimation is that PIP will take out around 500,000 :-(
    if 30% of those (and that includes me as I don't need a wheelchair from the doorstep, though any distance walking will destroy my foot) are the estimated figure of Motability takeup, then around 150,000 will lose their cars.

It will be shocking, it will trap people in their homes. I need taxis, walking to the bus stop is too far. Walking down the disabled ramp is too far, lol. There are a lot of disabled people not in wheelchairs who cannot walk further than the car.
    ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    Stephen

Quote Originally Posted by warkman View Post
    the Governments own estimation is that PIP will take out around 500,000 :-(
    if 30% of those (and that includes me as I don't need a wheelchair from the doorstep, though any distance walking will destroy my foot) are the estimated figure of Motability takeup, then around 150,000 will lose their cars.
    If that happens, then it wont be good for Motablity. The way things are going though, I can see the scheme's long term future being in doubt.

Quote Originally Posted by CTCELT88 View Post
    If that happens, then it wont be good for Motablity. The way things are going though, I can see the scheme's long term future being in doubt.
    From what I have read about the new criteria (if its true), less than half of DLA claimants will meet the enhanced rate criteria. Read it and see if you think you will meet it.