Thread: I have to go to a work focused interview even though I am working...

I have to go to a work focused interview even though I am working...

My partner is claiming ESA and I have a part time job and recieve PIP but they have asked me to go to a work focused interview... I dont understand can someone please explain?
    Last edited by chantelle148; 11-05-2015 at 01:13 PM.

If you have been added to your partner's ESA claim then this is perfectly normal. You must attend to prevent the ESA being sanctioned. At the interview just explain that you work part time and why (you have caring duties/you are disabled) and all should be OK. It is an interview designed to help partners get back into work by offering support/courses etc etc. No need to be concerned.

Oh ok thank you :3 I'm just dreading it incase I say something wrong and they sanction him or something.

call them up, name of adviser and number should be on the letter, explain you work as well as care for partner, and you cannot make it, can the wfi be done on the phone.

I got called up as on hubby's esa support group claim but I am also very ill and had to give up work this year.
    I am on pip enhanced both components so when recently they called for me to attend an interview at the job centre I rang up and spoke to them explaining my predicament and how I struggle to leave the house due to physical and mental illness and they did the interview there and then over the phone.

I told them I have always worked but have given up my job too look after my baby and bad health, so I don't need help looking for worn and they were really good about it and even apologised for asking me to attend but said they don't know people's personal circumstances unless we tell them.
    They've 'signed me off' any more of these interviews whilst I'm on hubby's claim.
    So definitely worth you ringing and tell them you work already and also are a carer and doubt they will want you to attend.