Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notification of Local Service Compliance Telephone Interview

Notification of Local Service Compliance Telephone Interview

Just received this letter to say they will be calling me on 08/12/15 at 12PM, it says what I will need to be able to refer to during the telephone interview :

Bank statements: for any current accounts, deposit accounts, or any bank/building society or post office accounts.

Occupational Pension(s)

Earnings, your most recent wage slips,
    Individual Savings Accounts (ISAs) Personal Equity Plans (PEPs) statements,

Savings and Investments: such as National Savings Certificates, Premium Bonds, Income Bonds, or Capitol Bonds.

Details of any property or land, other than where you live.

Evidence of your Immigration Status and Right to Remain.

Is this anything to do with the current switchover from ESA to UC that is ongoing in this area, is there any significance to the fact that it is a telephone interview? when i googled this just now most of them seem to be a home visit or attend an interview.

Only really have bank statements that are paperless and online nowadays, none of the rest of the above is really applicable apart from just over £1000 in the bank, is that too much?

I'm on ESA that is currently getting switched to UC in this area and also DLA but no word when my switchover to PIP is?

Worried sick of course, anyone had this? specifically a telephone interview??

Unusual for it to state a telephone interview its normally an interview at the local jobcenter got one just over a year ago and its just to make sure your getting the correct benefit but if you have a change in circumstances that they have been notified about like a child coming out of full time education someone living with you ext try not to worry these are generated letters to a point and usually come out about once a year or every 2-3 really depends good luck and try not to worry x

I'm on ESA that is currently getting switched to UC in this area
    I wouldn't worry about this if you are already on ESA.

The transfer from existing ESA claims to UC is not timetabled to start until 2017 at the earliest.
    Its probably going to be later than that.

Even in areas where UC has been rolled out new claims are still for ESA.
    Because currently to claim UC you have to 'be fit for work' and 'not have applied for a fitness for work note'.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Hi

My husband was awarded ESA Support on the 20th Nov after being in the ESA Contributory assessment phase for 50 weeks, as he had worked all his life up to this point. The same day that he received this letter he also received another that was created on the 20th Nov from the Freud and Error department and to attend a Benefit Review Interview at his local job centre. He has to bring with him all the details that you have to have for the telephone.

Is this normal as my husband is having panic attacks and he has had to and get some more medication to help him with this.

I know that you can only be on Contributory ESA for a max of 365 which was coming to an end on 30th Nov but he has been placed into the Support group which means that the Contributory ESA will continue.

Thanks Rachel

Hi and thanks for reassurance on this, before I read any reply's here I'd done more googling and given the wording on my letter and the details I must have at hand when they call I think I know what this?

Around mid summer after having a cooker, fridge and washing machine fail with in a month of each other and not to mention a large vet bill for my cat who was seriously ill ... I was in debt, well into my overdraft and could not get out of the bit, so took about £5000 from a private pension I contributed to when I was working in the 90's to get back on my feet, at no point did my balance go over £6000 though but my googling on this has shown that taking money from a private pension is taxed and the DWP are linked to the HMRC and its now maybe flagged up?? Hopefully its this but I'll still worry, there is no mention of fraud or anything on my letter that I realise is one of several templates for this sort of thing?

I'll report back after the call though for the benefit of others who might get these type of letter in the future.

Rachel, if it mentions fraud and error on your letter, according to the information I googled last night it might not mean anything as drastic as that (the wording of these letters does not help I agree) but maybe some low life malicious person has reported your husband for something untrue (a lot of the public have bitten the IDS divide and conquer tactics unfortunately) do some googeling on the wording of your husbands letter, there are many examples out there and most seem to get resolved without any hassle, despite the wording, its probably just a spot check, if your Husband has done nothing wrong, and I'm sure he hasn't, then he has no need to worry ... easier said than done I know as I'm still uber anxious about mine, its a terrible way to live, isn't it

Hope it goes well for you both, please report back here after the call like I will for the benefit of others who might get these letters.

Rachel

I answered in your other post.

There is no need to post the same thing more than once.
    (And it can get confusing trying to follow answers to the same question in 2 different paces).

Most of us use the 'New Posts' button above and so we see everything new that has been posted since last time we looked.

In way of reply to the above and my original question, even though I've done nothing wrong, still worried sick and there is not an hour of the waking day when this does not prey on me

Got another brown envelope in the post today and flipped it over, sure enough from Belfast (thats where my DWP letters come from) opened it and yep it was from the DWP and my heart was in my stomach wondering what next? Was trembling opening it and it was just to say I would get my Christmas ten pounds paid next week ... I never knew weather to laugh or cry and it took me hours to semi relax again, but seriously living this way is so stressful and I wish it were not so, it definitely seems to be effecting my mental health.

But anyway, I've got this call from the DWP on Tuesday and cant get it off my mind, is there any advice any perpetrations I should do before hand, what to say, what not to say ... any advice welcome ... Obviously I'll have any documents to hand they requested in the letter but I do on-line banking now and no paper ones for about 5 years, not that they could see that on a telephone interview anyway

Please, any advice at all, any hints and tips most welcome ... anything at all, I've nobody to turn to but here now.

Katana,

I know that its often easier said than done, but try not to worry too much about this.

It does seem to be 'normal' recently to get letters similar to yours, they are just checking things.

What you say about drawing some of your pension, and the tax implication of that, makes sense.
    They are probably just wanting to check that this was a 'one off' situation, and not a regular monthly or yearly payment, which would then count as an income.

If it was just the one off then you should be fine.

And as you have just found out - not all brown envelopes are bad news.
    PS. don't go on a mad spending spree with your extra £10.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Katana,

I know that its often easier said than done, but try not to worry too much about this.

It does seem to be 'normal' recently to get letters similar to yours, they are just checking things.

What you say about drawing some of your pension, and the tax implication of that, makes sense.
    They are probably just wanting to check that this was a 'one off' situation, and not a regular monthly or yearly payment, which would then count as an income.

If it was just the one off then you should be fine.

And as you have just found out - not all brown envelopes are bad news.
    PS. don't go on a mad spending spree with your extra £10.
    Thanks Nuke. it was a one off pension withdraw

What will I spend my £10 on? a cinema ticket for one? or fish and chips for one

Thanks

Got the call a few minutes before noon today and I was almost right in my guess, it was actually a PIP claim from last year they have became aware of (but well under the threshold I'm allowed) that has finally flagged up but I mentioned this years (under the threshold) private pension withdraw too), the odd thing was the guy who was quite decent and patient with me because I was quite flustered and never slept last night, the odd thing was he seemed to think I had two bank accounts? when I let him know this was not the case he said, its OK, we get errors too or something, don't know if that was a sort of trick question to make someone who did have more than one account admit so??? but upshot is, he's sending out a letter with presumably a return envelope that I've to sign and also some copy's of my bank statements, he is quite happy for just the last months statments, but I might send more to reassure myself

Call lasted about 6 minutes and ended with him asking has anything else changed in my circumstance and it hasn't and that was at about noon today, almost 3 PM now and starting to wind down, would not have liked to have had my blood pressure checked today, I do worry and stress and have anxiety when this stuff happens, even though I've done nowt wrong.

Anyway hope my example re-assures any one else in same circumstances who might read this.