Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: favourite theme park ride

favourite theme park ride

It has to be Trono de Pacal. At port aventura.

There's a new space ride going to be launched at Alton Towers called GALACTICA which is a roller-coaster but you'll be wearing a 3-D interactive video e5ye piece to give the impression that you're hurling through space.

You'll be doing 60mph in 3 seconds and experience more G-Forces than the astronaut Tim Peak did when taking off in the recent Russian rocket launch.

Coming soon . . . https://twitter.com/GalacticaTours

Air or Rita queen of speed alton towers for me also bit sad log flume is going and the rapids good too

Often the older favourite rides go, in Thorpe Park, Mr Rabbits Tropical Travels was demolished to make way for Nemesis.

Quote Originally Posted by Lighttouch View Post
    There's a new space ride going to be launched at Alton Towers called GALACTICA which is a roller-coaster but you'll be wearing a 3-D interactive video e5ye piece to give the impression that you're hurling through space.

You'll be doing 60mph in 3 seconds and experience more G-Forces than the astronaut Tim Peak did when taking off in the recent Russian rocket launch.

Coming soon . . . https://twitter.com/GalacticaTours
    Hi

Its not new as such its just a revamp of the air ride apprantly still like rita queen of speed personally and dont forget I think if you have a blue badge express parking and you can queue jump through the exits with helpers.

My rather limited theme park is experience is limited to drayton manor as a child, and alton towers. When i was younger, was quite a regular visitor to alton towers. Havent been since the smiler opened so havent had a chance ride that one.

Maybe its a bit of nostalgia around these 2 as they were the big rollercoasters back in the day, but nemesis and oblivion are my favourites. Air, rita, thirteen and ripsaw are good to.

Away from the big rollercoasters, log flume and rapids were always a favourite, along with runaway minetrain whilst in that area. Used to enjoy the haunted house aswell as a child.

Not really a ride, but the views from the skyride to get you around the park are impressive. equally impressive views from a walk through the gardens and ofcourse exploring the inside of the castle.

ps. the reason i always went alton towers was it is a 20 minute drive. 4 hours for thorpe park.
    Last edited by carl30; 03-22-2016 at 03:40 PM.

Sadly I cannot go on them at all, too much pain to even contemplate it. Years and years ago I went and enjoyed one or two but couldn't move for days and the increased pain lasted for weeks, so I doubt I will ever go on them ever again.

It has to be the Roller Coasters for me.
    Sea Queen

All rollercoasters scare me!

I did, however, used to love any water based rides! Rapids, logflumes etc

I hear Alton Towers are getting rid ot' Log Flume to make way for another coaster.