Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: My 3 years is up and a new ESA50 received today.

My 3 years is up and a new ESA50 received today.

I've been receiving Incapacity benefit for several years due to depression / anxiety. 3 years ago when it changed to ESA I was sent an ESA50 to continue receiving the benefit and with the help from a disability advisor the questionnaire was completed and luckily I was placed in the support group without needing to attend an assessment. I was awarded it for 3 years and have today received another ESA50 to complete. My condition remains the same as it was previously and I have kept a copy of the previously completed ESA50. Will it be ok to use the same answers that I gave on the previous ESA50 questionnaire or will they compare it with my previous one and think I'm just copying and call me in for scrutiny.

yes you can but you need to explain why its not changed.

If applicable, you should make it clear that you have not received any operative procedures, nor are you taking any new medication that may alleviate your limitations. I.e. Your limitations have not diminished.

Nor have you learned to cope with, or have adapted to said limitations since your last assessment.

If your limitations have increased since your last assessment, make that clear also.

I know this may seem that you are stating the obvious; however, this has to be done on each reassessment.

Thanks for the reply, yes that makes sense and will do just that.

After I was last awarded ESA the disability advisor told me to contact DWP to ask how long I have been given and also request a copy of the healthcare report which I did. Should I also enclose a copy of that report with the ESA50 as it's quite supportive and says "I advise that the client meets support group criteria as they have severe functional disability - I advise that work is unlikely in the longer term - The available evidence suggests improvement is unlikely in the longer term."

I add a note to my Autistic sons form explaining that his condition is life long, any sort of change (even a minor one) could take years and that as there is no medication or treatment there's virtually no chance of anything ever changing.

Sorry to jump on ur post but i have a question my esa renewal was suppose to be up in dec2015 but i read somewhere that esa reassessments are being deferred for 2 years if you have received ur esa50 form again looks like they are dealing with the reassessmnets oh well ill have to wait for the dreaded brown envolope to hit the floor

Quote Originally Posted by panther12 View Post
    I've been receiving Incapacity benefit for several years due to depression / anxiety. 3 years ago when it changed to ESA I was sent an ESA50 to continue receiving the benefit and with the help from a disability advisor the questionnaire was completed and luckily I was placed in the support group without needing to attend an assessment. I was awarded it for 3 years and have today received another ESA50 to complete. My condition remains the same as it was previously and I have kept a copy of the previously completed ESA50. Will it be ok to use the same answers that I gave on the previous ESA50 questionnaire or will they compare it with my previous one and think I'm just copying and call me in for scrutiny.
    I have wondering this as well and like yourself I suffer severe anxiety and ocd. I was also wondering if I could sent in the a copy of the esa113 that my doctor filled in the last time, which was about 3 years ago. I also have copies of the esa85A, the decision makers LT54 that put me in the wrag and after a reconsideration another LT54 that put me in the support group. Would it help putting copies of any of these when I send back my esa50?

Hi
    When I sent my reassessment esa50 a month ago I included all of my old evidence plus two new letters.
    I also used last years esa50 to refer to.
    I always take 3 copies of everything x

Well after several weeks of sheer panic not knowing what is going to happen I have now received the dreaded brown envelope and am so releived to continue to be placed in the support group and without the extra stress of having to go to a F2F assessment. The only disapointment is that last time I was awarded 3 years but having rang up to enquire I was told this one is for 2 years.

Congrats on your award, at least you can relax now!

Congratulations.

Remember- that 2 years is only the time until when they will want to reassess you again.

ESA has no 'end date', it is ongoing until/unless you are found fit-for-work which can only be done at a face to face assessment.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.