Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: PIP Home Assessment - What To Expect?

Quote Originally Posted by nukecad View Post
    Good point about the dog, if the assessor notices he has a dog he could assume all sorts of activities are possible.

I would be sure to stress to the assessor that someone else gives the dog its main excercise (and feeding/grooming?) and not your father.
    Do this even if the assessor doesn't even mention the dog, they can be sneaky and just make assumptions.
    I guess you could say I do the main things for the dog, especially grooming, bathing, taking him to appointments at the vet, longer walks in the park etc. Dad manages one short walk in a morning with him, short as in, set out, stop / start / sit down on wall or bench to rest. Poor dog get's little exercise! Dad's lucky that neighbours take him out, little pooch has even had a week in Scotland with one neighbour last year! It is also something I brought up on the PIP form, making it clear that dad relied on the help of others and if he didn't have that help, the dog would have to have been rehomed.

I guess we can just see how it goes, and I shall keep you posted.

Thanks for this. Dad can communicate and talk for himself. He won't be answering the door to ATOS, I will... as will I be seeing them out. Dad barely moves out the chair unless it's to go to the loo!

I estimated his points to be 20 for Daily Living and 12 for Mobility, so in my eyes he should get Enhanced for both, but of course we know the HP's / ATOS could see things differently. I have submitted a lot of evidence which initially claim, and GP gave us a letter of support emphasising dad had to have a home visit.

I am prepared to fight and involve my MP if I have to take this to Tribunal! I thinking losing the car is the big issue for dad, since without that he wouldn't go out, as he can't travel in taxi's, we've got an adapted car for his needs.

Have u had a home visit granted my daughter been granted obne due to ASd just worried as she doesn't stsy down stairs when people r here she will just get back go up she feeling stressed

The visit was for today, however they called to cancel late yesterday PM. Apparently the assessor has gone sick, appointment re-booked for 3 weeks time.

I have a home assessment on the 3 October I have been on dla for a back injury which happened at work I've now been told I have stage 4 kidney disease I didn't ask for a home assessment they just gave me one am quite worried as I have a mobility to car which my daughter drives and takes me to appointments and does a lot of running about I also have various disability equipment I use plus was assessed by adult social care that installed a shower for me has anyone else been given a home visit without asking for one and has anybody with kidney disease any info of wot to expect