Thread: dla to pip success after mandatory reconsideration

Cool dla to pip success after mandatory reconsideration

im new here but i wanted to give a bit of hope to the people moving from dla to pip i was previously on higher for both care and mobility dla, i started this whole process in November 2015 with the initial phone call assessment face to face in January im a sufferer of fibromalagia and ?at the moment ms and i also suffer degenerative disease of the spine my face to face went well i thought but i received my award on the 19th of feb and i got awarded standard care enhanced mobility i only received 10 points for the daily living section it made absolutely no sense so i rang and asked for a copy of report ect and also a mandatory reconsideration on the 23rd of feb today i received my new decision from them dated the 26th saying ive now got 19 points and im on enhanced for both care and mobility it took 3 days from my phone call for them to look at decision again and less than a week for me to receive my letter today i was waiting for a fight but none needed plus i got awarded for ongoing period of at least 10 years such a relief this forum really helped me when i was awaiting decision so a big thank you to you all if anyone needed any advice and is in a similar situation i will help as much as i can xx
    Last edited by rachel2010; 03-06-2016 at 01:33 AM.

Good to know this rachel2010. I'm debating whether to challenge a decision about my Daily Living award and as you say it doesn't make much sense. They seem to have accepted parts of my account and completely disregarded others. This has given me some hope. Thanks.