Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: ESA Assessment - sent home without being assessed

Quote Originally Posted by tom34 View Post
    Ian remember my PIP When i arrived they fist said it had been cancelled , and asked if had received the letter, which of course i hadn't (because they never sent one) So I waited for around 20mins when they told me that they would see me ,and shouldn't be to long
    After a further wait of 20 mins or so My name was called And Assessment carried out by a Nurse ,( after some non nonsensical hocus pocus type of examination that they do, which is supposed to determine power ect in your legs, ) and the usual questions , it was over,

A few weeks later i receive the ATOS report which scored no points , and had blatant lies regarding the distance from train stn to assessment centre their calculation is around 3 + times greater than what the actual distance is , there's no way or excuse for getting that wrong , there again it wasn't a mistake on their part , but a blatant lie , used to deny PIP

If you have had a positive experience, then maybe they had already hit their targets that week/month
    Hi Tom

I hope then the targets were met before mine today. I was not examined at all. I was just asked questions about my already answered questions on the pip form and then he said "well that's it, I understood you and you understood me". I presume he was then saying in so many words that there is nothing wrong with you enough to claim pip. I have asd. He just kept saying he understood each time I gave answers and my husband helped with a few.

We asked what he was and he said a brain surgery nurse before being a capita assessor. I had asked that capita send someone with good knowledge of autism.
    Last edited by KAREN SV; 05-13-2016 at 02:03 PM.

It seems it's people with mental health problems that are suffering the most under the new system. My physical condition is very obvious and so it's much easier for them to see what my needs are but people with mental health problems really have to explain it a lot more and that's a whole lot harder for them to do! I know it took me a lot of time and careful thinking to express my needs clearly so I do sympathise with those who are struggling and hope it works out well for you.

Well, I finally got my ESA result 12 weeks after my non-assessment and am in the Support Group so that's a relief. I do think 3 months is poor though.

All the best everyone!

yes 3 months is VERY odd? I think it was lost in the system as it seemed very straight forward ..well done , you should have time for a cup of tea before your next esa50 arrives or that's how it seems..

And now for the next round! I got a letter at end of 2018 with another ESA50 for me to fill out. I found having a copy of the previous form a huge help. When I read my old form I could see some areas where I'm worse now so I was able to point that out.

I have 2 questions:
    The envelope I sent the ESA50 form in had an address with ATOS on it. I thought Maximum did the assessments for ESA now?
    Should I do a Subject Access Request for results of my last form?

Thanks!

To those with really short assessments I would say its a good thing.

Maximus are requested by the DWP to end face to face early if they realise before the end there is clear evidence for LCWRA, and they are also requested to avoid a face to face completely if there is clear evidence for LCWRA on a paper assessment.

Also they have been requested recently following the issues with poor quality reports losing tribunal cases, that if a FFW recommendation is to be made the assessor is to be as detailed as possible so the evidence is stronger at tribunal.

So I would be surprised if a very short assessment was not SG.