Thread: URGENT advice needed.

URGENT advice needed.

Hi All - My ESA wrag has currently stopped and I am in the process of mandatory recon.

However, I have received notice from the jobcentre that I must attend a work-focused interview at the jobcentre next week.

Can they do this when I am not currently in receipt of ESA?

Can't take much more.

Lynn

From your previous posts it seems that during your mandatory reconsideration you have decided not to claim JSA but are living on your savings.

So, I have to assume that your ESA claim is still open. Although you are not being paid, as soon as you go to appeal or your mandatory reconsideration is upheld then your ESA payments will be backdated to when they stopped because you haven't been claiming JSA.

This would suggest to me that you should attend the work focussed interview as you will eventually have been claiming ESA during this period. A rubbish system but it is as it is. After all, you are more than likely have to attend them when you go back on ESA.

Alternative is to close the ESA claim and then claim JSA (and try asking for it to be backdated to when ESA stopped). Then you would have to attend Job Centre Plus and take part in the job seeking requirements (with due regard to your disabilities)

Thank you for a concise and easily understood response pmlindyloo.

Off to a work-focused interview it will have to be.

To quote my own doctors very words - 'Keep up the fighting spirit and don't let the bastards get you down'.

Can be easier said than done. Thank you again - Kind regards - Lynn