Thread: esa and carers allowance confused help needed

esa and carers allowance confused help needed

ok ill try to explain my partner is my dependent on my esa support group claim hes recently claimed carers allowance as a benefit check said it was worth doing as we wil gwt the carers premium on the esa claim i understand they will take the £62.10p away from the esa but we will be better of by £34 a week what my question is is that they backdated claim to the 21/12/15 and this generated a back payment of £588 which was the amount minus the esa payments recieved already for those dates will esa now say ive been over paid as obviously the £62 is more than they give my partner a week on my esa claim only received carers award this afternoon in post so could not ring esa really worried that its gonna mean a over payment or is this money the backdated premium so confused moneys now in our account and it was from carers allowance dept any help would be great xx

Can I just check? A bit confused!

What was backdated to 21/12/15? Your PIP payment or something else?

When did his Carer's Allowance start? What is the £588 payment for?

What usually happens is that you do not get a backdated amount of CA because the DWP and the CA department 'offset' the CA against the CA deduction from the ESA so you aren't awarded any backdated CA.

However, the DWP should back date the Carer's premium to the date of the start of the CA.

Really need some dates and some answers to the above.

rachel2010. It would confuse people less if you did not write the whole msg as one long sentence. When you take a breath add a comma , one of those and a full stop . = end of sentence.

sorry was in a bit of a confused state earlier and i do suffer with dyslexia thank god for spell check, my carers, carers allowance was backdated to 21/12/2015,the whole amount was over £1000 but they took money id already got for him from esa off the total, ive worked out the premiums owed and it does add up to roughly the same amount so could be that, i spouse i will just await letter from esa about the situation hoping its not been over payed.