Thread: Changing from DLA to PIP

Changing from DLA to PIP

I've seen previous posts on the site that state you get your DLA while you're waiting for your PIP assessment. I applied for the change on 21st of March but I haven't received any DLA, it seems if you're applying for a change from DLA to PIP they don't pay your DLA now, while you're waiting for an assessment, is this right? I'm so confused. Any advice would be appreciated thank you.

I would suggest calling them and asking, if you can't face calling them, ask someone to call on your behalf

If you are already receiving DLA then that will continue until you have been assessed for PIP and a decision made on your award.

If this is your first application for PIP and you get awarded PIP that will be paid from the day you first put in the claim for PIP but you will get nothing until it’s been awarded.

In my case I’m on DLA and have been assessed for PIP but awaiting their response so my DLA will continue until that response comes through and if I get the same award as I had with DLA then the payment will just continue as normal.

That’s the way I think it works from my experiences but I’m sure someone will put me right if I’m wrong.

Cathie: We need more details to give you a proper response.
    If your DLA has stopped - and you've been invited to claim PIP - it shouldn't have.
    Your best bet may be to speak to a qualified adviser, they'll be able to go through all your paperwork with you to sort it out, try your local CAB or AGE UK if your over 50, they are very good and can visit you at home.

when i got changed from dla to pip they continued to pay me until the decision was made. then as it was the same the only change i got was it said pip on bank statement not dla, i was invited though as it was 6 months till my award for dla ran out but im not sure its the same for change of circumstances ect. has your current dla award finished were you late sending forms?(could be reason) have you rang them to see why its stopped or have you received a letter saying it will stop. it explained in my invitation letter that dla would continue as long as i sent forms back within 3 weeks good luck. xxx