Thread: ESA50 Recieved, Help Please!

ESA50 Recieved, Help Please!

I've been on ESA for a number of years and had 2 capability to work assessments, with ATOS at the time. Both times I didn't get enough points so went to appeal at tribunal, both times I won. The last one I was put into WRAG. I completed the WRAG last August and now I only get a telephone interview from the job centre every 6 months. I'm also on PIP since last May (2015) standard rate on both components. Today I recieved a ESA50 form to fill in and send back and I might have to go to another face to face assessment! How many more assessments do they want? Is this normal or a new thing the DWP are doing? What will the likely outcome be? Will they use my PIP face to face which I had at home to make a decision?

Sorry for all the questions but I've already jumped through hoops to get what I have I just can't see what another assessment will do.

I also receive severe disabilty premium.

I hope someone can help!

Unfortunately ESA is subject to reassessment at whatever interval DWP deem suitable.....anywhere from a few months to three years or more after the last assessment. They won't use the PIP evidence to judge an ESA claim as criteria for these two benefits are quite different: PIP is awarded to people who can work as well as some who can't. It's a total pain and very stressful, but there's nothing to be done but fill in the form, attend the face-to-face assessment if they say you have to have one and provide up-to-date supporting evidence if you have it.

Quote Originally Posted by Adeyb1971 View Post
    I've been on ESA for a number of years and had 2 capability to work assessments, with ATOS at the time. Both times I didn't get enough points so went to appeal at tribunal, both times I won. The last one I was put into WRAG. I completed the WRAG last August and now I only get a telephone interview from the job centre every 6 months. I'm also on PIP since last May (2015) standard rate on both components. Today I recieved a ESA50 form to fill in and send back and I might have to go to another face to face assessment! How many more assessments do they want? Is this normal or a new thing the DWP are doing? What will the likely outcome be? Will they use my PIP face to face which I had at home to make a decision?

Sorry for all the questions but I've already jumped through hoops to get what I have I just can't see what another assessment will do.

I also receive severe disabilty premium.

I hope someone can help!
    Hi
    Might be worth mentioning to you that you should treat this re-assessment as if it were your first claim. Don't presume the assessor knows anything about you, or has any information on you. There is nothing in law that states the DWP have to send the assessor anything regarding your previous claim/s, for all they know this could be your first.

You need to send as much professional evidence you can get hold of that supports your limitations

One reason claimants are getting re-assessed sooner rather than later is that they don't send enough information regarding (long term) prognosis. So the DWP who tend to err on the side of saving money reason that their condition might improve over the short term- hence the quick return of the brown letter.

I suggest keeping a folder with copies of your claims and appeal information. When it comes time for time for another assessment, you'll have a starting point for filling out your new form.