Thread: Dwp appointment

Dwp appointment

Hi I'm in complete shock.im on dla benefit ect at the process of telephone call to get Pip. Last Thursday got a letter from dwp about an appointment to come on Monday to see me.didnt open door and just opened letter from last Thursday. Does not say why comming round here apart from help and support with various aspects of our business.what is going on here are they trying to catch me out or stop me claiming my money.can I get out of this if I get someone to ring on my behalf.not exactly given me much notice. Would be so grateful if you can help.

Quote Originally Posted by Jus3454 View Post
    Hi I'm in complete shock.im on dla benefit ect at the process of telephone call to get Pip. Last Thursday got a letter from dwp about an appointment to come on Monday to see me.didnt open door and just opened letter from last Thursday. Does not say why comming round here apart from help and support with various aspects of our business.what is going on here are they trying to catch me out or stop me claiming my money.can I get out of this if I get someone to ring on my behalf.not exactly given me much notice. Would be so grateful if you can help.
    That is a lot of notice. I once got told after 5PM of my appointment 8AM tomorrow morning. On the plus side, very little time to get nervous and anxious as the appointment slowly gets closer and closer. I did agree to the appointment though. My understanding is they have to give you atleast 7 days notice unless you agree otherwise. That notice is probably from the date on the letter, not the date you recieve it.

If they are visiting you at home, its probably for your pip assessment.

I am not sure that this was an assessment for PIP.

From what the OP says he has only made a telephone call to start the process.

So, have you completed a PIP form detailing your disabilities?

What exactly does the letter say. It could just be a letter to check that you are receiving all the correct benefit (can't remember what they call these visits)

You need to telephone the number on the letter and ask what they were coming for.

more than likely a (customer compliance visit) to see if you are getting what you are supposed to be getting.

Quote Originally Posted by slipmaster View Post
    more than likely a (customer compliance visit) to see if you are getting what you are supposed to be getting.
    This is what it sounds like to me too.

I'm not sure, but if you are uncomfortable with them coming to you, I suppose you could call up and maybe ask to do it over the phone, if they would allow it.