Thread: Esa group decision cant be told over the phone?

Unhappy Esa group decision cant be told over the phone?

Hi everyone. I really don't have a clue how these forums work so If this has been asked/answered elsewhere I apologise! Basically I already receive High rate daily living for PIP and mid rate mobility and have been on that for around 7 months now and last week I finally had my Work Capability Assessment for ESA. I called them this morning asking for a rough timescale on the decision as they didn't give me any sort of idea last week and they told me they had already reached a decision but that they couldn't tell me over the phone? Is this actually the case or did I just have a dodgy advisor? Has anybody else had this experience? it doesn't sound like good news to me :/

any input would be appreciated!
    thank you!

I had my decision told to me over the phone, maybe it was a case of it not being shown on the system yet?

God knows with the dwp

Try calling later on today?

She said it was showing just that she wasn't allowed to tell me as they are sending a letter to me? Didn't make sense to me as I have been told the majority of decisions etc over the phone.. but like you said god knows with them lol.

I will try calling again in a bit if I can bare another hour waiting to get though!
    Thank you

Just called back and have been put in the support group, clearly the first lady had no idea what she was talking about!

Sounds like good news, congratulations.

It all depends on what they can see on their screens.
    Maybe the first time you phoned she just saw 'Decision Made' but what not what the decision was?
    By the time you phoned again the screen had been updated and it said what the decision was.

Even in these days of fast communication the wheels can still grind slowly.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.