Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Abit confused??? ????

Unhappy Abit confused??? ????

Hi all. Just to explain briefly. I 've been receiving ESA for nearly 10 yrs. In Jan 2016 i had a health assessment and was given only 6 points. ???? as if my health condition has changed. My health wasn't that bad when they put me on ESA. And now telling me that im fit for work.!!! Unfortunely im not good at expressing my self and now they've come to this conclusion. Iv sent an appeal MR. But while waiting for there decision iv started claiming JSA. im struggling alot. Iv got type 1 diabetes insulin dependent which i inject 6 times aday iv got thyroid problems. Scatica. Severe hip & back pain and of course depression with severe panic attacks. I wonder who will give me a job with these illnessess. I asked my gp for a sick note but only for 1 month ???? shes probably expecting me to heal in within that time. . But im not sure what to do with the sick note. Shall i give it to JSA i shall i just throw it away and wait for ESA s reply. Not sure what to do. ????????????

Don't give your sick note to JSA as they will see you then (i know confusion sets in here) as unfit to work and possibly not pay JSA.

Wait for the MR decision and if that doesn't change in your favour, then appeal to the tribunal, when you get a date (maybe less than 2 weeks) you can then ask to go back on ESA until your tribunal.

You can be 'off sick' whilst claiming JSA (a period of extended sickness is 13 weeks) if you have a fit note.

Unfortunately many Job Centre staff are unaware of the regulations so I would advise you to speak to your job coach first.

Mandatory Reconsiderations should not take that long - a few weeks at most (always exceptions of course!) so if you can continue to do your job seeking activities then you have that option.

A link asking the same question

http://www.rightsnet.org.uk/forums/v...ad/8248/#37259

Pmlindy is right about the extended sickness for 13 weeks whilst on JSA, and once you have made the JSA claim you can go sick straight away whilst waiting for the MR decision.
    Most people waiting for an ESA MR do this now; if they are aware that they can.

Dont worry that your 'fit note' is only for a month, doctors are encouraged to make a month the maximum, except in exceptional circumstances.
    Once your fit note for a month is running out you just ask the doctor for a repeat note.
    (The DWP usually also inform you when you need a repeat note).
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

@Gentlegiant @pmlindyloo @nukecad thanks ever so much. Ok il keep the sicknote to myself for now. Il try and phone the esa on Monday to ask if they recieved my mr. Because unfortunetely i forgot to date it �� i really appreciate yr helps. Will follow yr advices.. ������

Hi all. Just recieved my new council tax bill they said even if i recieve ESA i now need to pay council tax which is about £19.00 amonth. Still haven't received any payment from JSA. i phone dwp today and asked if they've received my MR letter and they said they did and waiting for there decision. Got another interview ay the job center on Thursday so see how that's gonna go. Been struggling to sought out the housing benefit. Keep receiving letters that the housing benefit had ended ; ( iv neen to the townhall office for 5 daus everyday trying to sought it out. There useless... really exhausted this week already..

Hi all. Just recieved my new council tax bill they said even if i recieve ESA i now need to pay council tax which is about £19.00 amonth. Still haven't received any payment from JSA. i phone dwp today and asked if they've received my MR letter and they said they did and waiting for there decision. Got another interview ay the job center on Thursday so see how that's gonna go. Been struggling to sought out the housing benefit. Keep receiving letters that the housing benefit had ended ; ( iv neen to the townhall office for 5 daus everyday trying to sought it out. There useless... really exhausted this week already..

Also I live with my parents, my dads retired and receiving state pension and pension credit. We ve never paid council tax since he's retired, but when my esa stopped and now recieving jsa they changed the deduction for the council tax, so am I really eligible to pay council tax then ?

I didn't think you could get housing benefit when living with parents?

Quote Originally Posted by sheniz View Post
    Also I live with my parents, my dads retired and receiving state pension and pension credit. We ve never paid council tax since he's retired, but when my esa stopped and now recieving jsa they changed the deduction for the council tax, so am I really eligible to pay council tax then ?
    Council tax is usually billed to the householder, so presumably your parents will be liable for CT unless you own the house and it's in your name

Most councils have a discretionary hardship fund for those who cannot afford CT but you have to apply for it, they usually won't give info about it's existence unless you ask about it

Have you somehow got a separate CT bill, ? If not then if your dad is paying CT for the house i can't see how they can bill you as well