Thread: requesting esa58

requesting esa58

I have recently migrated from incapacity benefit to esa support group. So that I knew what descriptors I satisfied I wrote to the dwp asking for a copy of the esa58 assessors report.
    Today I received LT54 which is the Decision Makers report instead. I phoned the dwp and spoke to a gentleman who although dealt with esa had never heard of an esa58 report.

Can some kind person point me in the right direction on how I can obtain a copy of the assessors report.

Many thanks.

The assessors report is a ESA 85 (not 58) and there may not be one with a transfer from IB.

If it was a straight transfer then Maximus may not have been involved and there will only be the DM report.

If you had a face to face assessment there will be an ESA85.

If Maximus did an assessment on paper there may or may not be an ESA85A.

It depends on how clear cut your case was.

You could try asking again with the correct number.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you nukecad for your reply. Sorry I meant esa85 (my typing).
    I had a face to face assessment with Maximus. I'll give the dwp another call after the bank holiday.
    Thanks again.

Well if you had a face to face then there should be an ESA85 giving the points you scored.

(If the assessor didn't score you points, because it was obvious at assessment that you should be in SG, then there may be an ESA85s instead. This is a 'Personalised Summary Statement' which is notes from the assessor to the Decision Maker.
    However asking for the ESA85 should also produce this if there is one).

I'm not that surprised that the phone jockey you spoke with had not heard of an ESA85, some of them are pretty poorly trained.
    Try again, you may get someone with more experience.
    At least having already been awarded SG you are not in a rush for it, so if you have no joy on the phone you could write and ask for it.
    Last edited by nukecad; 05-28-2016 at 05:48 AM.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

I have an update on my quest to get a copy of the esa85 report. I phoned the dwp again and this time I spoke to someone who knew what an esa85 was. He put another request in for me and told me I should receive it within a week.
    Having not received it I phoned dwp again today and was told that they couldn't let me have a copy because it said on my notes and I quote "your assessment was done under scrutiny ". I told her I had a home visit assessment but she said it must have been paper based and there was no report???

I looked again at the LT54 report previously sent to me and it clearly states "I have considered the Healthcare Professionals Report".
    Does anyone know what "under scrutiny " means and what can I do now.
    Many thanks.

all assessments are done under scrutiny, a hcp looks at the form and then decides whether a face to face is required or if it can be done on the paper info they have, in either case there will be an ESA85 if you were seen or an ESA85A if you were not.

your best course of action is to request it in writing from the office that deals with your claim, or put in a (SAR) subject access request under the data protection act.

You should address any SAR, FAO Data Controller, at the Benefits Office dealing with your ESA.

You could also write DPA 1998 SAR in the front.top left corner of the envelope.

Thank you slipmaster for your reply. I did at first request a copy of the esa85 in writing and that's when I was sent an LT54. I think I'll do as you suggest and put in a request for a SAR and see what that turns up. Thanks again for your help.