Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: possible back injury?

possible back injury?

I had a fall in Chester,not the weekend just gone,but the one before
    Fell down some steps leaving a pub
    No,I wasn't drunk,my gentleman friend had taken me for lunch and we had one glass of wine each
    There was one great steep stair with one little sort of half step in between
    My bf went down the whole thing in one swift movement as he is tall and agile,but I am a hobbit and put my foot on the half step as the whole thing was too steep,but the half step wasn't big enough for my foot and I slipped and went down with a bang
    My bf was worried I may have bashed my head ( I hadn't) and was fussing and saying I should stay still and people were staring at me and I was embarrassed
    I thought that only my bottom was sore at the time so I asked him to help me up and into the car quickly,insisting that only my bottom and pride were hurt

Monday my arm and leg were numb and pin/ needles
    I have APS and so get this anyway
    It was worse than usual,but I had other symptoms of a flare,so just put it down to a worsening of my current condition and as my annual lupus appt is in July just made a mental note to mention it
    However Tuesday my back started to hurt and yesterday I had all sorts,shooting pains,numbness,pins and needles,feelings like electric shocks
    Today my whole back and bottom really hurt,to the point it has made me ratty with my teen and also made me cry
    Tomorrow I shall be ringing the surgery at 8 to see if th we can fit me in

I would suggest that you pay a visit to your local A&E ASAP. I might be nothing but it is always better to be safe than sorry.
    Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before.
    Edgar Allen Poe

Oh dear I can sympathise with you deebee
    I fell onto a large terracotta garden tub a few years ago - suffered musculoskeletal.

A long story but eventually when able was referred for physio which helped but I still get those electris shocks in my back.

See your GP xx
    Sea Queen

Thanks guys,it was quite late when I read your reply's as I had a man here cleaning my oven and it took way longer than I. Had thought it would,and then my old neighbour came by for coffee and I didn't feed the teen until about quarter to nine,so I went to bed ,went to go today and she gave me a very thorough examination and some special anti inflammatory drug,different to the naproxen I usually have,something that they give to athletes for sports injuries
    I shall see how I get on with these

Would still go to A&E. A fall on your back can be v. serious and you probly have bruising. Right where you can't reach as well!

Thanks Red,I think I might,will they not question why I have left it two weeks?
    Oh,btw,those tablets were called diclofenac,and did provide some relief,but the Dr did warn that they can upset the tummy and I have been up half the night rushing to the loo

I used to take Diclofenac for my wrist pain they are an antiinflamatory. Never had any side affects but was taken off them because I had B.P meds.
    Have they helped deebee?
    Sea Queen

Yes and no seaqueen,gave a respite from the back pain,but gave me stomach cramps and diarrhoea 😞

Seriously lady A&E!!!! get it X rayed..

Quote Originally Posted by reddivine View Post
    Seriously lady A&E!!!! get it X rayed..
    Seriously reddivine I was stretchered to hospital after my fall and didn't have an x-ray!!
    I was examined and given pills which spaced me out, helped into a wheelchair and sent home!!

Good job I had a profile bed in the extension bedroom!
    I was in agony and couldn't sit up myself without the profile bed back being put up - could barely walk!
    Tramadol barely helped.
    It took me weeks to recover and I still have the after effects several years on.
    Sea Queen