Thread: Mandatory reconsideration for pip help

Mandatory reconsideration for pip help

Hi. Have been awarded pip for servere depression and anxiety I got the standard rate and scored 11 points, I only got 2 points for budgeting money and feel I should have got 4 to 6 I can't budget money at all and was made bankrupt in 2008 and a dept relief order in 2014 and am in debt again now my uncle now manages my money I have papers to prove my bankruptcy and dro, I am thinking of asking for a mandatory reconsideration for this but don't know where to start any advice would be helpful thanks

The 4 points score relates to simple budgeting decisions, like buying something and knowing what change you would get.

Have a read of this:

https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...ment-guide.pdf

pages 113/114.

Getting into debt is not necessarily in itself a criteria for being awarded PIP. The inability to budget usually has to be linked with your medical condition.

From what you say the 2 points have recognised your inability to manage your finances yourself by awarding you 2 points but say that you can make simple budgeting decision. e.g. go to the shop to buy a loaf of bread and check you have the right change.

Having said all that I do not know you! So, if you really think that you should have been awarded extra points then go for a MR. But, they can look at the whole award again and remove points already given so you need to be certain that you can show evidence to back up your appeal.

Ok will leave that thank you

Debt and depression go hand in hand. I spend on things because I can't go out and shop around too. My asd affects my ability to do this. People also try to compensate for loneliness by buying things. It doesn't work for long and debts spiral during long periods of depression. Impulse buying is something that happens when anxious and depressed.