Thread: Disability premium & ESA help please

Post Disability premium & ESA help please

Hi

i have been on esa with group support for some time and last October i was awarded PIP which was back dated to the june. ESA then contacted me about this in the october and a form was sent back to them with the details, as they claimed i was entitled to the disability premium on top of my ESA. However i heard nothing back.

Then in March/April i had to do a fast track reclaim as ESA had stopped my money without warning, claiming i hadnt sent in sick lines (3 have gone walkies now and a 4th one i handed into the JC and had to chase up a week later as it hadnt been processed) anyway the claim was reopened and backdated to the jan, but it was only from then that i was entitled to the disability premium. Can anyone tell me if i can claim back from teh october or if ive pretty much lost that right with having to do a fast track reclaim?

Im also having major probs with the new claim, as the woman on the phone made so so so many mistakes which i wrote back to them about (along with one of the sick lines that went awry, for eg she had wrong names/spellings for my children, that i had a O.T based in England, I am in Scotland etc etc) but they are taking £36 pw off of my ESA, claiming it is extra income!I have not extra income, save maintenance which is £36pw which they know about, and still 28 weeks later i am still trying to sort it out They have had all proof of income,numerous times and yet, no joy. Is there a complaint form i can submit to them as it is getting ridiculous now. The claim itself was literally sorted 4 wks ago and i am now getting regular payments, minus the £36pw I am considering going to my local MP too, as it is stressing me out.

Sorry to waffle on, any help would be greatly appreciated

I can't really advise about the £36, however I would definately contact your MP.

You need to call them and ask them to send out information on how they have worked out the money.

Also, in the support group of ESA I'm pretty sure you don't have to send sick notes in.

Based on what you have told us.

Once you have been put into an ESA group - WRAG or the Support group - then you do not have to send in fit notes so I do not understand why they closed your claim.

Since this appears to be an error on their part then your disability premium should be backdated to the PIP decision.

Maintenance in not counted as income so should not be deducted from your ESA.

In view of the facts you have given us it seems that your 'file' contains the wrong information.

Can you take all of your paperwork and bank statements to CAB and ask them to contact ESA and check what information they have on your file?

And yes, you can contact your MP and ask for their help.

The only thing I can think about requiring fit notes is if you are appealing an ESA decision?

And the only thing I can think about the maintenance payments is if they are not noted on your bank statements as a regular payment from your ex.

In view of the fact they they appear to have totally messed up your claim (based on what you have said) then it would also be worth checking that you are receiving all the disability premiums that you are entitled to.