Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Mandatory Reconsideration Success

Mandatory Reconsideration Success

My wife had been receiving higher rate care and mobility for the last three years, following an assessment in February, they stopped her benefits completely even though her condition is deteriorating. Nurse (if you can call her that) had never even heard of the illness. Anyway, after 12 weeks of waiting and a couple of carefully worded letters together with the relevant supporting evidence from scans and consultants, common sense has provaled. Everything reinstated.

Shame the car has been taken back, only had it 10 months.

So there is a little glimmer of light at the end and they do change their decisions for the better.

Quote Originally Posted by greenturnips View Post
    My wife had been receiving higher rate care and mobility for the last three years, following an assessment in February, they stopped her benefits completely even though her condition is deteriorating. Nurse (if you can call her that) had never even heard of the illness. Anyway, after 12 weeks of waiting and a couple of carefully worded letters together with the relevant supporting evidence from scans and consultants, common sense has provaled. Everything reinstated.

Shame the car has been taken back, only had it 10 months.

So there is a little glimmer of light at the end and they do change their decisions for the better.
    It's great news that you're wife was successful with her PIP claim. A lot of people who migrated over from DLA to PIP have lost their mobility componant, I did also and it's something common I've come across reading peoples stories about PIP claims with the DWP.

hi and well done for getting your Mandatory Reconsideration Success, and it all down to the relevant supporting evidence from scans and consultants, this is what is required regards

Hi. Just wondering what information could be used on q15 additional information on pip form. I do not know how to start my own thread but due to my problems I really think I should put my own letter in but it would be quite graphic. Is this a good idea? As I suffer from depression and panic attacks. I do not go out alone. But they will just look at the answers but I think they need a proper explanation. If someone could reply back. Thankyou

I gave a general summary of my health, as i have quite a rare condition, and Ive heard they dont bother to contact gps or consultants. I havent had my assessment yet so cant say if its a good idea hopefully someone else will comment. I do think its better 8f you can get a third party ie friend family member to write a letter .

Pip question 15 additional information (help needed)

What can be used for question 15 additional information on pip form? Due to my problems i think I should include a letter of my own explaining the real reasons why I am ill. Is this a good idea?

If your trying to start a new thread click on BULLETIN at top of page to go back to home page. Then click on benefits thread, the +new thread icon is at top of page above the 'sticky abbreviations thread' Hope that makes sense

If any help I had an esa assessment done on paper as I had no f2f medical. It was done in less than a week of me sending it off. Then I had a letter from dla saying I had to apply for pip. This sounds strange as though they are just doing ithe because I had esa review.

Try and start a new thread you will get more help that way. Where you getting DLA? If not you can get extra premiums on ESA if you also get PIP. If you were getting DLA it may just be a coincidence that you are being transferred to the new PIP x try not to worry x

Also the esa50 was due to be back on 14th July 2016. The date on dla letter was 14th July. This is odd. I have bouts of severe depression. Panice attacks and asthma. I know that they do not bother with GP notes even the esa do not know why I am like I am really. It all started when I worked and had to leave due to something horrible that happened to me while I was there. I've never had a proper diagnosis. I'm housebound and only go out with my wife not very often though. Basically I cannot work aso I was assaulted by my boss. I've never had any help. Pip will ask me why I think I am like I am. I would have to tell them. Amongst other things