Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: heard about the DLA/PIP = all lies

heard about the DLA/PIP = all lies

Hi

finally heard back today they have downgraded me to standard on both
    they hadn't written to any of the doctors. It was solely on the person who came out
    and what a load of lies.

Nearly everything was 2 points or 0 points

scored 8 points for mobility does this mean the car goes back?

there's no way she's getting away with the blatant lies what should I do next please
    thank you

I'm afraid 8 points does mean the car will have to be returned, if you manage to get a mandatory reconsideration done very, very quickly and receive 12 points or more (so qualify for the enhanced rate) you'd be able to keep it but in reality that's unlikely to happen.

The DWP will inform you of the date your new award starts, you must then notify Motability, they will then write to you giving you a date by which the car must be returned to a Motability dealer.

You have my sympathies, I went through my transfer in February, got 4 points for mobility (so no award at all) and 8 points for care, car went back in March.

Stupid thing is, as I qualified for PIP standard rate daily living it means I now also get the severe disability premium added to my Income Support, that plus the actual PIP payment means they're paying out more than when I was getting DLA LRC and the HRM was paying for the car!. Makes no sense at all to me.

thank you so much for the reply.
    not sure if this helps but the medical evidence alone blows out the water most of what this person wrote.
    We found out they made contact with the GP. the consultants anyone
    its a total farce

Hi

sorry to hear this but not surprised Legsy, they hardly ever write to your doc. you must do this yourself
    and ask doc for letter of support.

phone up and ask for assessors report and tell them you will be asking for a reconsideration but not until you receive the report.
    you have 28 days to submit your recon from date of decision so get cracking and make appointment to see your doc.

then once you get the report you will know what your up against

good luck.

thank you so much opus
    still cant believe the lies she's put down and they are blatant lies
    owing to one of the issues. Bowel incontinence has been present for the last 20 years its well documented
    she put down No Bowel incontinence

In light of whats happened. I've seen mentioned recordings being done? Are they only possible in office based assements please?
    the main reason I ask in the letter was also an ESA Letter (in the support group) and they said owing to change in circumstances
    the money paid weekly is 125 pounds (support group ESA). So I'm assuming that hasn't changed But I've read if the money changes dla/pip side this often triggers the ESA to be triggered again.

My illness was there since birth but the new standard award is only for 3 years with them. Reading it back she basically didn't believe a word, how on earth can they get away being this way? think that's whats keeping me from just breaking down in all honesty the amount
    of errors alone from that summary of the decision are just staggering. Its almost like its the wrong person being mentioned

Just reading your post Legsy and I get £136 a fortnight ESA. Is that right or am I getting a bum deal? I have never been on benefits before and don't know, it's a total minefield. I get some help here and there from people but trying to figure out the brew is like doing a rubix cube blindfolded! Sorry for hijacking your post

Quote Originally Posted by terry01 View Post
    Just reading your post Legsy and I get £136 a fortnight ESA. Is that right or am I getting a bum deal? I have never been on benefits before and don't know, it's a total minefield. I get some help here and there from people but trying to figure out the brew is like doing a rubix cube blindfolded! Sorry for hijacking your post
    I'm just sorry cant help you further, I'm totally out of my depth
    it works out or has been working out 250 pounds paid every 2 weeks and just thought it odd in with the PIP letter the ESA was also included

Terryo1 your esa does sound low but it depends what group you are in if you are in support group then the amount you get a fortnight is wrong if you are in work group depending on what phase you are in it might be right or a bit low if i was you i'd go see the citizens advice and ask them about it taking in any paperwork. if your paperwork confirming you are on esa and in support group then you need to ring dwp.

Sorry what happened to you legsy but as you have probably read on other posts you are not alone I haven't been asked to go over yet from dla to pip but it's coming. Someone I know who can't get dressed, go loo, eat or take meds without full time help only just scrapped through to get enhanced on both, yet someone else I know who is no where near as bad and expected to just get standard on mobility got enhanced on both so there's no way of knowing how these things will go. Like someone said if you want to appeal you need to do it quickly and if you didn't enclose a letter from your doc then you need to get one off him/her to help with it. Goodluck hope you get something sorted

Quote Originally Posted by freedomeagle View Post
    Terryo1 your esa does sound low but it depends what group you are in if you are in support group then the amount you get a fortnight is wrong if you are in work group depending on what phase you are in it might be right or a bit low if i was you i'd go see the citizens advice and ask them about it taking in any paperwork. if your paperwork confirming you are on esa and in support group then you need to ring dwp.

Sorry what happened to you legsy but as you have probably read on other posts you are not alone I haven't been asked to go over yet from dla to pip but it's coming. Someone I know who can't get dressed, go loo, eat or take meds without full time help only just scrapped through to get enhanced on both, yet someone else I know who is no where near as bad and expected to just get standard on mobility got enhanced on both so there's no way of knowing how these things will go. Like someone said if you want to appeal you need to do it quickly and if you didn't enclose a letter from your doc then you need to get one off him/her to help with it. Goodluck hope you get something sorted
    thank you so much
    apparently they are going to call back within the next 5 days.