Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mandatory Reconsideration Letter - Help please

Morning

So I have an update and its bittersweet. Our Mandatory Reconsideration has come back and the DWP have agreed to award my father enhanced rate for both Daily Living and Mobility (excellent!).

However, when you read through their decision, they are still insistent that my father can make complex budgeting decisions (0 points) and he is able to plan a journey unaided (0 points).

I'm sat here thinking that I should leave this alone and accept that we have the enhanced rate for both but my wife and mum would like me to appeal again. I don't think its worth taking to tribunal, but I do think it is worth having a word with my MP.

You should have faith in a process especially one which has far reaching impacts to living life. Sadly, I am seeing this is just going to get worse.

Just my opinion!

I do not think it is worth your taking this to tribunal as your father has been awarded the highest rate for both components. He cannot be awarded any higher. It is quite possible that your request for a tribunal would be refused because of this.

I do understand how frustrating it is about the two areas where you do not feel that the correct number of points have been given. I think you as a family may need to 'live with this'. In the end the most important thing has been achieved - you have the highest award possible.

Perhaps it is time to just let this rest rather than prolong the stress for all of you.

I would not chase this further. The award can go no higher and so putting your father through a tribunal for the sake of extra points that have no actual benefit is not worth doing in my opinion. Remember that there is a chance that a tribunal would award less points, not more, so as well as the distress attending a tribunal could cause your father, it would also potentially put his award at risk.

You have nothing to gain by challenging the decision. Leave well alone and accept it for what it is.

Hello somenextperson person

Well done for getting the correct rates for your father after your Mandatory Reconsideration. The success rates for overturning a decision at MR are rather low, so you have done well on behalf of your family.

I understand well, the frustration of being scored incorrectly (I did not receive PIP mobility, despite my documentated problems even at tribunal) but my advice would be to let it go. I can see that it might feel that it's still not right, and that it is not documented correctly but it is what it is.

The end result IS, that your father is receiving what he is fully entitled to and that is down to your hard work.
    Last edited by buble48; 11-26-2016 at 02:28 PM.

Something I learned to understand some years ago is;
    When you ask for a review of any decision whether it be by an MR or a Tribunal you are not asking for a new assessment, you are asking them to rectify that decision, which is exactly what they did, congratulations.
    leave well alone now, as there is nothing to be gained, though it would be interesting to know how long duration is and has it been altered ?.

Hi everyone

thank you for your comments. I have explained to the family its not worth chasing/amending now. We have the highest rate applicable for dad even though the assessor still managed to mess it up. We're not going to chase it further and finally we can close this chapter for now.

Regarding how long it is in place for - we have it awarded until 2020.

hi you are doing the right thing buy leaving it alone, well done on the award you got your father regards palmer