Thread: Obstructive sleep apnea

Obstructive sleep apnea

Hi so I have lung probs due to spine probs from when i was a kid so i've been under lung hospital for years didn't do sleep study test device thing last year but he decided to do it again this year and they told me i have obstructive sleep apnea, I rang and said i didn't think i did that i don't snore, drink or smoke and my oxygen levels have been 85-90 for years i have probs with neck and back and think it's to do with that so i rang to say this but she said those 3 things don't always come into it and on the test even though i didn't sleep much the times i did drop off to sleep the levels dropped a lot she said she'll talk it over with me when i go in as i need to get equipment off them for it.
    So i just wondered if any one on here as it and if so can you tell me what to expect thanks

Hi,
    I wrote a longish reply yesterday but it's not shown up. (May be in moderation, maybe I hit the wrong button)

For now try googling 'CPAP machine' this is what they will be meaning.
    Many people who use these find them a godsend.
    (I've had one but it was no help to me).

PS. You can have OSA without snoring.
    It is getting to be a more common diagnosis, maybe the NHS got some funding for CPAP machines?
    I look at it as just something they like to try.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Think you're right Nukecad about nhs, i'll just wait and see what happens when i go i saw your post and replied to it on my other post. Like i say my levels have always been low because of my reduced lungs and spine probs, be interesting to see why they are suddenly worried we'll see. Thanks again for your reply

Quote Originally Posted by freedomeagle View Post
    .... i saw your post and replied to it on my other post.
    Ahh, that explains it, I thought I had posted it but hadn't realised that it was in another thread.
    http://www.youreable.com/forums/show...l=1#post112799

I got a letter today to say i have an appt on 31st to assess how i am with the cpap machine i haven't even got it yet!! but at least it confirms what you said it would be nukecad

They usually make an appointment for you to go in and collect your CPAP machine so that they can show you how to use it properly, and check (assess?) that it's OK for you.

When you get it please make sure you clean it regularly as per instructions.
    My hubby is a medical engineer who goes into the clinics and services them whilst the patients are being seen by the medics.

You wouldn't believe the state of some of them, filthy and disgusting and he has to handle them. He does wear gloves but it is still not nice.
    I'm not saying that any user on here lets theirs get into that sort of state. Just making a point.

Haven't got it yet so not looking forward to it they usually give you new tubing when you do the sleep study test so assume it would be same here i'd use antibacteria wipes on it before use it anyway and when taking it back if looked that riffy i wouldn't use it!

I think you will be issued with a brand new machine, they do where hubby works anyway. Where he works you are issued with a cleaning kit as well.

don't forget to choose the CPAP mask depend on your sleep side because there are cpap mask for side and stomach sleepers and there also alternatives cpap mask just googling