Thread: ESA Benefits Review - Help!

Post ESA Benefits Review - Help!

I'm new to this forum so first of all, hello....

In brief, I have Panic Disorder, Anxiety and Depression - under a Community Psychiatric Nurse (CPN) and also under a Psychiatrist at the outpatients at hospital.

I was on ESA and in April 2016, was offered the chance to work from home. I gave it a go. However, to cut a long story short, the guy never paid so I had to reinstate my ESA after a month. It took 6 weeks to get the next ESA payment because I hadn't return my previous medical questionnaire (because I started work before it was due back).

Of course, I didn't know how it was going to go and I found myself registering with the HMRC as a sole trader to try and do things straight. However, to cut to the chase, I have a benefits review next week as it seems I never informed them straight away so in theory, I received two weeks of benefits.

After contacting Solicitors, the guy has paid over the last 4 months drips and drops for that one month of work.

With my mental health and memory issues, I simply forgot although I do recall contacting the ESA and sending them a letter. They did confirm in one of the conversations, I mention a letter but never received.

I have never ever tried to defraud anyone and I am just worried about this meeting next week. The letter is from the compliance officer and doesn't say Interview Under Caution.

Can anyone offer any friendly advice please?

Thank you for listening.

- I am probably just stressing more than I should as I have a PIP Tribunal the week after too. Arrgghhh.
    Last edited by gingernut2016; 09-29-2016 at 09:53 AM.

Just explain everything to them as you have done here
    Can you take a friend or relative for moral support?
    Try not to panic,I am sure everything will be fine

Thank you so much for your help.

Luckily, they are doing a home visit so my wife will be here too.