Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Epilepsy and benefits

Hi can anyone help me I have epilepsy absence and complex partial seizures I filled in form for pip sending evidence tell them when I have seizures that I have no warning and that I pee myself ive been thrown out of shops laughed at and shouted at because of this that I sleep on a black bag covered with towels to save mattress that I get confused after fit and have money took from me when I just dont seem to understand what the amount is o should pay in shops
    Mu sister cooks me a evening meal because twice ive forgotten cooker was on and set fire to cooker
    I was given a date for a pip face to face assessment but now thats cancelled and having paper based assessment im confused to why

I really need advice im making myself worse cause im worried sick

If they are going to do a paper based assessment it just means that they believe they have all the information necessary to make their decision.
    So they don't need to see you to ask anything else, and so there is no need to put you through the stress of traipsing down to see them.

You can find general information about claiming PIP with epilepsy here:
    https://www.epilepsy.org.uk/info/ben...e-payments-pip
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Thank you so much im pretty new to epilepsy I was diagnosed about 3 month ago after being knocked of my bike and left in the road at the minute im pretty down as you can imagine

Its 5 months not 3 month since I been diagnosed sorry my meds really scramble my mind

Hi shell66,

I have received your friends request.

Please don't be offended but I refuse all friends requests on here.

For one thing 'friending' someone on this forum does not actually do much, it doesn't work like Facebook.

The only thing it does here is show a list in your profile of who is a 'friend', and shows their posts on your profile page as well as your own.
    That's all it does, it does nothing else on this forum.
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

No problem I thought I had to friend people so my question would show lol

hi shell66, i to receive your friend request but as you see you don't need that to show your question, but as said if you have sent evidence about your problems and your condition the best result is for paper based review, in my opinion that is to save you all the pressure that you can go through regards palmer

Thanks just so stressed out woth it all so do anybody have any idea how long the process takes being paper based

Hi just a quick up date I got declined care and mobility for pip the assessment never took into account my inconvenience problems when I have a seizures or the fact that without prompting I forget to take tablets or I speak slurred due to seizures sometimesso I ddon't go out or the fact I have to be supervised when showering or im confused alot of the time they did allow for not being able to cook meal safely or plan a outing so im going to have to go to a mandatory appeal
    Sorry for rambling today is not a good day fo me