Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Epilepsy and benefits

Sorry for late reply. Thanks for all the comments. My dad will never be seizure free according to his neurologist who he has to now see every 3 months. He cannot be left alone at all. He's only on esa at the moment but he recently attended an assessment and they have put him into the WRAG.

Im so happy you got esa for your dad im in same position as your dad and I no everything seems to be a fight for him but stay strong and simply just be there when he needs you x

Hi everyone just thought I'd let you no I had pip assessment was turned down there was a lot of lies in report so I appealed and won highest rate on both I used the law changeon 9march 2017 that although the pip form isnt aimed at epilepsy suffers its how bad will it be when we fit and that in most cases its a safty issue thanks everyone for your support xx

[QUOTE=nukecad;117735]Sorry to hear that shell66,

It is difficult to get PIP for epilepsy, or any other type of seizure or blackouts.

The PIP descriptors just don't cover seizures or blackouts by themselves.

You need to convince them that your epilepsy means that you cannot carry out the activities that are in the descriptors "safely, to an acceptable standard, repeatedly and within a reasonable time period."

An explanation of what "safely, to an acceptable standard, repeatedly and within a reasonable time period." actually means can be found on page 2 of- The Social Security (Personal Independence Payment) (Amendment) Regulations 2013
    (I decided against even trying for PIP myself because the way the descriptors are worded I just would not fit them).

It is difficult to get PIP for epilepsy, or any other type of seizure or blackouts.

The PIP descriptors just don't cover seizures or blackouts by themselves.

You need to convince them that your epilepsy means that you cannot carry out the activities that are in the descriptors "safely, to an acceptable standard, repeatedly and within a reasonable time period."

An explanation of what "safely, to an acceptable standard, repeatedly and within a reasonable time period." actually means can be found on page 2 of- The Social Security (Personal Independence Payment) (Amendment) Regulations 2013
    (I decided against even trying for PIP myself because the way the descriptors are worded I just would not fit them).

If this is the case, where exactly do we explain our problems when they don’t fit under descriptors?

Quote Originally Posted by Ronyag View Post
    If this is the case, where exactly do we explain our problems when they don’t fit under descriptors?
    The link given in post #21 explains how to go about making a PIP claim for epilepsy.

Here it is again: https://www.epilepsy.org.uk/info/dai...e-payments-pip

In particular read the sections about "Completing the Form", and "Explaining your epilepsy".
    I don't know everything. - But I'm good at searching for, and finding, stuff.

Migration from ESA to Universal Credit- Click here for information.

Medication diazepam has become the most practical medication to the power over rank epileptics. To start with 20 milligrams really should he which is injected intravenously and this ought to be repetitive at your five moment times prior to the will fit are manipulated thereafter the drug is granted.