Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: esa tribunal waiting times

esa tribunal waiting times

hi i recently got refused my mandatory consideration for esa,so i am appealing to the tribunal,my question is how long does the process take for dwp to hear back from the tribunal so i can them claim low rate esa whilst waiting for a hearing date,also whilst claiming low rate esa do you have to send in sick notes,many thanks

Quote Originally Posted by dean123 View Post
    hi i recently got refused my mandatory consideration for esa,so i am appealing to the tribunal,my question is how long does the process take for dwp to hear back from the tribunal so i can them claim low rate esa whilst waiting for a hearing date,also whilst claiming low rate esa do you have to send in sick notes,many thanks
    Have you had notice of acceptance of your appeal from HMCTS ? Usually after they send you a letter to acknowledge receipt of your appeal, as they inform the DWP at around the same time,(so within days of you receiving your notice)

Give them (DWP) a ring if you have the letter from HMCTS, once that is on the DWP's system you can claim esa again until the case is heard, but you will also need to supply fit notes whilst you wait for the appeal
    Last edited by tom34; 11-10-16 at 12:14.

I have finally had a backpayment of 12 thousand pounds I've waited over 20 months for this decision to be made I have been threw hell to get what I deserve I suffer with epilepsy I have been suffering with epilepsy for 10 years and it has changed my life forever I applied for pip in February 2015 and today's date is 11th of October 2016 I filled out the pip form myself and that is wear I believe I messed up but it's not all my fault I promise but I filled out the form myself and surprise surprise I got rejected basically then I got told about citizen advice and I put in a appeal straight away and I got (cab) to help me and they where fantastic with helping me and I am making a £200 donation to them because they are your only help they fight for the real people of this country basically I've waited for 6 months and I get a letter about a tribunal at my local court I thought brilliant that's not to long to have to wait the day I'm about to go court I get a letter threw the post saying the tribunal has to be postponed I was never given a reason when I phoned up the courts to double check that the letter was correct and they say that was correct so I waited another 2 months for another date for the hearing it never come so I phoned them up saying what is going on I get told that the court haven't been given the correct paperwork from dwp and the courts are waiting for dwp to hurry the he'll up so I phone up dwp telling them to push my paperwork over to the courts as they are waiting on them the months keep going by I am phoning up 2-3 times a week just getting told the same rubbish I'll get a date soon and it just never come until early September 2016 I get a date for my hearing I turn up with my dad and the lovely lady from citizen advice they couldn't ask me many questions because I had a seizure in the court I went to hospital I came round from the seizure I got took home and days after that I get my letter saying I get high rate on both components so there's a little bit about my story with pip and finally winning 20 Months! I hope no one has to go threw that it's brutal

Quote Originally Posted by tom34 View Post
    Have you had notice of acceptance of your appeal from HMCTS ? Usually after they send you a letter to acknowledge receipt of your appeal, as they inform the DWP at around the same time,(so within days of you receiving your notice)

Give them (DWP) a ring if you have the letter from HMCTS, once that is on the DWP's system you can claim esa again until the case is heard, but you will also need to supply fit notes whilst you wait for the appeal
    hi i am sending the tribunal for off friday when i have had help filling it in

Hiya, Mr hubble, I'm sorry for the ordeal you have had to go through we shouldn't be being failed by our government like this. I also went to tribunal and had a melt down in court due to my sister explaining what I had just been like in the lift on the way up to court, that triggered a previous trauma and that was it, I went into complete melt down. I'm sorry it triggered a seizure for you, it sounds worse than what I was going through. I won the appeal on the 19th sept but now DWP are deciding wheather to appeal the tribunals decision. I haven't seen a payment and still don't even know if they will pay me anything before making me go through another tribunal. I'm glad it's over for you, take care and look after yourself.

Congratulations by the way

Hiya sorry dean123 I've just realised we've hijacked your post and possibly increased your anxiety about the whole process. There are cases where it does all run smoothly, hopefully yours will be sorted sooner rather than later. Take care, all the best

hi i am sending the tribunal for off friday when i have had help filling it in
    If i'm right at guessing here, you have the 2 copies of the MR decision (Mandatory reconsideration) and have the SSC1 Tribunal/appeal application form, that you still have to complete and sign ? (Don't forget the time limit of 28days from date on the MR decision notice)

Well if that is the case once you have completed the SSC1 form and signed it , and sent it to the HMTCS address on the form, they will reply to confirm they have received your SSC1 and accepted your appeal, this is usually quick around 1 week , add a few working days after you receive their reply before you ring the DWP, are you claiming JSA BTW?

Quote Originally Posted by tom34 View Post
    If i'm right at guessing here, you have the 2 copies of the MR decision (Mandatory reconsideration) and have the SSC1 Tribunal/appeal application form, that you still have to complete and sign ? (Don't forget the time limit of 28days from date on the MR decision notice)

Well if that is the case once you have completed the SSC1 form and signed it , and sent it to the HMTCS address on the form, they will reply to confirm they have received your SSC1 and accepted your appeal, this is usually quick around 1 week , add a few working days after you receive their reply before you ring the DWP, are you claiming JSA BTW?
    hi that is correct i am going to send the form off on friday,i have not claimed job seekers because i am not well enough to say i am available to be looking for work,thanks for your reply

hi that is correct i am going to send the form off on friday,i have not claimed job seekers because i am not well enough to say i am available to be looking for work,thanks for your reply
    To claim ESA at the pre assessment rate from the date that your esa was paid up to following the WCA decision upto the date your esa is re instated you will need fit notes for that period, as well as fit notes that cover the period whilst you are waiting for the tribunal to hear your case, most GP's will issue backdated fit notes for conditions that were diagnosed prior to the period you are requesting them for, if not they may write a letter for the DWP explaining why they won't/cant issue a backdated fit note